Access Installer (1 Viewer)

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 11:04
Morning all,

Is there an "Installer" available that will set up Local Folders, create a new ODBC connections, test to see if Access is installed, and then Install the Run Time if not?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:04
Hi. There are a few of those and a couple of ones I can think of include Inno Setup and SSE Setup.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:04
I use SamLogic Visual Installer which can I believe do all of those. Not tried ODBC connections as I use DSN-less connections instead.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I use SamLogic Visual Installer which can I believe do all of those. Not tried ODBC connections as I use DSN-less connections instead.

I don't know about this DSN-less?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 16:04
Probably best to Google it & come back with any questions.
Slightly harder to set up the first time you use it as you need to enter all the connection strings. Once you've done it once its easy.
The big advantage is you only do it once for each application.
You do NOT need to setup ODBC on each workstation so it simplifies distribution in a multi-user network

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:04
Slightly harder to set up the first time you use it as you need to enter all the connection strings. Once you've done it once its easy.

It is pretty straightforward. Just create a new File DSN similar to how you make a user or machine DSN and use it for linking the tables. DSNless connections will be created.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hello,

I use a pretty straight forward method. It might apply to your needs. It is a simple VBS (script) that checks for a newer version and installs as necessary. If it is an initial installation, it establishes the directory and makes a custom icon and everything.

I use it becuase I cannot install COTS software on our network but I can use VBS and PowerShell all day long.

Have a look: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=207187&highlight=Mosca

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom