Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 11-16-2019, 01:37 AM   #1
Dimvlaan
Newly Registered User

Dimvlaan is on a distinguished road
Hi from Germany

Hello to everyone here! I have been a long-time "read-only" person, but now I need some specific help... and I am sure, you guys can.
Thanks for reading this

Dimvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:15 AM   #2
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,075 Times in 2,793 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hi from Germany

Welcome to the forum

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:19 AM   #3
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Colin,
You new byline reminds me of a Friends episode

'They don't know that we know they know we know!' :-)

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:36 AM   #4
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimvlaan View Post
now I need some specific help... and I am sure, you guys can.
we never fail 'round here!
vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
Colin,
You new byline reminds me of a Friends episode

'They don't know that we know they know we know!' :-)
That quote by Donald Rumsfeld from 2002 was widely ridiculed at the time. It referred to the WMD that Iraq was accused of having under Saddam Hussein. Its origins notwithstanding, it does make a useful point.

I do like the Friends quote and may steal it later!

EDIT And another variation
Quote:
I know that you know that we know nothing

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)

Last edited by isladogs; 11-16-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:02 AM   #6
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,412 Times in 1,393 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

|
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 06:51 AM   #7
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
They don't know that we know they know we know!

I know that you know that we know nothing
"We know this. The Chinese know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Chinese make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows." - Travis Dane, Under Siege 2

"The only true wisdom consists of knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #8
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,576 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Then, there is the Yale Law of Incomplete Communication:

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure whether you realize that what you heard me say wasn't what I meant."

I first read that in an issue of Maledicta. I'll let you look up that source. (It is a legit periodical publication, or was when I read it at the time.)
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Doc_Man For This Useful Post:
vba_php (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #9
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Apologies to dimvlaan for hijacking your introductory thread

We've no idea what we are talking about as you can see!

Website links:

The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
vba_php (11-16-2019)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: