Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
choward

choward is on a distinguished road
Grouping Data by Week Number

Hi Guys,

Just a brief - i have courses in a table with a start date and end date. Each course has a loading, and a max capacity.

I am trying to create 2 seperate graphs and do not know how to do either:

Firstly - i am trying to make a graph that on the x axis is each week in the financial year. On the y axis is either the loading or capacity (doesn't matter which for this problem). BUT on some weeks in the year, there aren't any courses AND i DO want them in the graph (basically blank spaces) - this is because the user filters based on location and i want the graph size to be identical and the user to get a 'feel' for when the classroom will be empty. - ANy help on this is appreciated!!

Secondly - i want to be able to generate a histogram of course loadings. So instead of instantaneous information, i was hoping for the histogram to represent how many people are on the course at that date - and not just the 'start date'.

Any help on either of these is appreciated!!

Chris

choward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #2
DCrake
Remembered

DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to DCrake
Simple Software Solutions

Hi

My suggestion is that you create a crosstab query and the column heading are your week numbers (Group date by week number). I know that with crosstabs if there is no data present for a particular week number, in this instance, it will not display a column. However the trick is to go to the properties of the column and select column headings. In there enter 01,02,03,etc up to week 52 or whatever then when you run the crosstab query the column will appear even if there is no data for that period. You are infact forcing the column headings to appear.

CodeMaster:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Home of Simple Software Solutions.

O/S Windows XP (SP3) & Windows 7 64bit
Access 2003 (version 11.0)
Access 2007 (version 12.0)

Remember when posting sample databases you will get a better response if it is pre Access 2007 - not all people have it installed.
DCrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: