Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 11-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,595 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Odd behavior regarding number of posts

Today when looking over some posts, I noted that the forum is not showing links it used to show, and it is adding a comment about "need more than 10 posts, you have 0" - but it is for jdraw and isladogs, who have over 10,000 posts. It says nothing for me because I don't put links in my signature.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
June7
AWF VIP

June7 will become famous soon enough June7 will become famous soon enough
Re: Odd behavior regarding number of posts

Links in signature? Shows in mine. So really mysterious.
June7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,032 Times in 1,979 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Doc,
From time to time I get the message re needing 10 posts. Not often, but it does happen- on this forum and another in which I participate. (~1 or 2 per month as a guess).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,826 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm...
Haven't noticed it on my posts but then I haven't checked.
Wonder if it happens when I post using my mobile?

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Test message from my mobile to check if links work

EDIT Well that theory was wrong.....

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
Old 11-01-2019, 11:11 PM   #6
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

This may be relevant.
I just clicked a link in this post from yesterday https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...01&postcount=8

The link took me to a thread from 2010 https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=188299.
When it did so, it also logged me out.
I've tested it several times with the same result.

Website links:

Old 11-01-2019, 11:29 PM   #7
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
This may be relevant.
I just clicked a link in this post from yesterday https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...01&postcount=8

The link took me to a thread from 2010 https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=188299.
When it did so, it also logged me out.
I've tested it several times with the same result.
Both work for me, independently and in the sequence you mention.

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:51 PM   #8
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
Both work for me, independently and in the sequence you mention.
To clarify, both links also work for me. But when I click to the older thread from yesterday's link (or do so directly) I appear to be logged out. Try scrolling to the top of the page and the user name / password boxes appear instead of my username details.
I've seen that happen on several older threads.

However I'm still logged in on the thread I came from. Does that make sense?

Website links:

Old 11-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #9
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Colin,
I remain logged in at https://access-programmers.co.uk/for...d.php?t=188299

after following your links, first to that of Thales750 yesterday, then clicking that link to get to the 188299 post.

Old 11-02-2019, 12:06 AM   #10
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Strange. Also got 'logged out' clicking on the link in your last reply.

EDIT
Just happened again clicking another link.
Whenever this happens I see the messages Doc referred to in his first post.
If I 'log back in' on the thread concerned, the normal signature links reappear.

So I reckon that is what is happening to the Doc as well

Website links:

Last edited by isladogs; 11-02-2019 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added EDIT info
Old 11-02-2019, 03:28 AM   #11
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,032 Times in 1,979 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

I tried the links and did not get logged out.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:09 AM   #12
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Talking Re: Odd behavior regarding number of posts

Nor me when I tried again just now. Seems to be intermittent.

Website links:

Old 11-02-2019, 08:44 PM   #13
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,595 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Bizarre, but it would make sense if it thinks you are not logged in because then it somehow doesn't know how many posts you have. Even though in your name box on the left, it shows the correct post count.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:41 AM   #14
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

I'm not getting anything presented when selecting the New Posts link.

Yet there are plenty of new posts I have not seen?

Old 11-04-2019, 02:24 AM   #15
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

If you click on Today's posts under Quick Links do you get two separate lists of new and existing posts...or just one list?

Website links:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: