Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Old 11-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #31
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road
Re: Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlray View Post
(but then my house is worth less then $100,000).
how in the world did you manage that!? U must not be living anywhere close to one of the big cities out there? The median home price in those tech communities and surrounding areas are in the millions aren't they?

vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #32
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,978 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Regarding Italy and the Equator (via Google)

Italy is located 3,259.92 mi (5,246.34 km) south of the North Pole. How far is Italy from the equator and on what hemisphere is it? Italy is 2,960.43 mi (4,764.34 km) north of the equator, so it is located in the northern hemisphere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:17 PM   #33
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,585 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Regarding seasons: New Orleans has a miserable summer but a really pleasant winter. Our autumns are mild and dry with occasional showers. Our springs are blustery and wet. Though it is a great event, the Louisiana Jazz and Heritage Festival (locally: Jazz Fest) is ALWAYS in the midst of monsoon season. So some locals call it "Mud Fest" instead of Jazz Fest.

When dear wife Linda and I were vacationing in Canada, if you believe what you see printed on a T-shirt, they have only two seasons: Winter and construction. As soon as the ground freezes, work stops. I'll say this: I don't know if the shirt was right or not but every day that we were in Canada, it wasn't winter and we saw the typical orange and reflective white barrels, cones, and barricades every day, often three or four different places.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #34
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Doc_Man View Post
the Louisiana Jazz and Heritage Festival (locally: Jazz Fest) is ALWAYS in the midst of monsoon season.
we used to vacation for an entire month every year in keystone colorado and we could literally set our watch by the monsoons in the month of July out there. Sure enough, by 1 or 2pm the sky was full of dark blue clouds ready to dump the rain.
vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:57 AM   #35
kevlray
Newly Registered User

kevlray will become famous soon enough

There are few houses worth a lot, but I am in a fairly poor area of California (say a lot of low wage earners). Also my house is pretty small and fairly old. 800 square feet and built in 1975.

kevlray is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: