Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 03-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
thegump

thegump is on a distinguished road
!!!!!WINDOW SIZE & POSITION!!!!!

I have asked this question 3 times now but for some odd reason I can't seem to get the question right. When you first open an access database you get the main window that allows you to creat tables, queries, forms, reports etc. This is the window that I want to control with code! How can I change this window size and position because it keeps on creaping down the screen everytime I open the switchboard, so when I close the switchboard to get to it its way below the screen and I have to scroll to find it! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

thegump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Crilen007
Uhm, Title... *shrug*

Crilen007
Send a message via MSN to Crilen007
What do you want to do to it? Maximize it?
Crilen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,587 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
How can I change this window size and position because it keeps on creaping down the screen everytime I open the switchboard,
Sounds like your version of Windows has an OEM or 3rd-party "screen enhancer" package. Normally, unless you are doing something very strange already, window position should be repeatable. If it is not, there is another factor involved; hence my comments about a screen enhancer.

The only way to change the outermost (DB) window's size and position is to run code to identify that window's window-handle, then write some VBA code that calls Win32API code that can interact with your window's size and position parameters.

I seem to recall that such code was posted in this forum some time ago. Pat Hartman was the most likely person to have posted. Look in some the sample databases she has put as "stickies" up at the top of the thread list. She might have that code in one of the DBs.

Or search for "Window sizing" "Window Resizing" and similar topics.

The_Doc_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road
Re: !!!!!WINDOW SIZE & POSITION!!!!!

is this what you want?

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=172827
vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,587 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: !!!!!WINDOW SIZE & POSITION!!!!!

Good and totally relevant post, Adam, but you might have noted the date of the last action on the post before your contribution. A 14-year-old post that hadn't been "bumped" for a long time might be considered as abandoned.

The_Doc_Man is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: