Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Macros

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #16
znxm0i
Newly Registered User

znxm0i is on a distinguished road
Re: Access 2010 Email Macro

Hello Trevor,

I just wanted to drop a line to let you know that I finally got the macro to work with the modules. I kept searching the internet for answers and someone was nice enough to tell me that I needed to change the Sub routine to a Function and then call that module, which in turn would call the GetBoiler function. Viola! now it runs like a charm.

Again, thank you so much for helping me get as far as I did. You've helped make the automation of running a daily report so much more easier for this Administrative Assistant and I couldn't be happier.

Take care!

znxm0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #17
Trevor G
AWF - Happy to help

Trevor G will become famous soon enough Trevor G will become famous soon enough

Add a button to a form and then in the event tab select On Click the 3 dots and select Code Builder then in the code type in the name of the sub routine (between the Sub and End Sub lines) which is sendForApproval1

So something like this, when you add your button it might be called CommandButton1

Quote:
Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Call sendForApproval1
End Sub
Please remember everyone here is a volunteer, so if you have had a reply to your thread be courteous and acknowledge this.
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #18
znxm0i
Newly Registered User

Hi Trevor,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. The database macros/functions are all working as they should. The ONLY problem I have now is that I can't get it to run via Task Scheduler when I try to place a switch to activate the macro.

If I don't place a switch after the argument in Task Scheduler to open the database, the first part of my macro will run which outputs the pdf file to my desktop.

If I do place the /x macroname after the argument to open the database the code you provided me with WILL NOT run, instead I get an error message 2001 referencing the sendForApproval1() code.

Do you have any idea how I can get this to work? All I want to do is set this macro up to automatically run my reports each day whether I'm at my desk or not.

Thank you.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #19
znxm0i
Newly Registered User

Hi Trevor,

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you again how thankful I am for all the help you provided me. I finally figured out on my own what was stopping MS-Task Scheduler from running my macros. Thanks to your code and MS-Task Scheduler, my Access macro automatically outputs a pdf report, and then creates and sends an MS-Outlook email daily containing the contents without any user intervention.

I hope others find your code useful. Thanks again!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #20
amplitude
Newly Registered User

amplitude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danita.moon View Post
I'm trying to write a program which will go through a database and send an email with a specific message to each email automatically.
Please i also need help with this code. I would like to be able to send the email using Gmail. Thank you.
amplitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #21
Gasman
Access newbie

Gasman will become famous soon enough Gasman will become famous soon enough

A search of the forums shows this as one of the threads https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...nd+using+gmail

and has a link to http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s1/cdo.htm

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplitude View Post
Please i also need help with this code. I would like to be able to send the email using Gmail. Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: