Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 11-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
access-macgyver
Newly Registered User

access-macgyver is on a distinguished road
Talking hello!

Hi Everybody! Somewhat newbie to databases in general. I understand them conceptually, have a pretty solid technical understanding of common web languages, but unfortunately not a great understanding of database languages. I also have a very strong sense of UX, know what I want in my head, but sometimes need help with solutions to execute my vision. That said, I am primarily here for help in building/adding on to an access web app database. I have been able to macguyver almost every part of it through googling, testing, googling, testing, combining ideas and more. But as the Access web app is limited and water downed compared to the full desktop program, there are a few things I **think** can be done but haven't been able to find help on that either explicitly give me the solutions I am looking for OR explicitly say it can't be done...with a legitimate explanation. There have been a handful of things that I read in several places couldn't be done, only to figure out through further research that with the right approach, that was not the case and actually found either a straightforward solution, work around, or alternative. Many of those solutions came from reading this forum! More or less, in addition to ongoing support/kick around ideas, I have come to this forum with my bucket list of sorts to either get answers, or lay them to rest. Thanks in advance!

access-macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,064 Times in 3,999 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: hello!

Welcome aboard!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pbaldy For This Useful Post:
access-macgyver (11-16-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 10:20 PM   #3
access-macgyver
Newly Registered User

access-macgyver is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul. Not 100% sure it's legit to ask three questions in one, but they are related to 365 user onstart/onload. If you are interested or can help/point me in the right direction my first post with my questions are under Macros > "Web App: 365 User Macros Help" (I'm too new to post links)

Thanks!!

access-macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,064 Times in 3,999 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

I'll take a look when I get to a computer, but I haven't used web apps plus I'm a VBA guy so macros aren't my strength.

FYI I deleted your duplicate thread. There's no need to post the same question twice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365 , 365 web app , access 2013 , access 2016 , web app

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: