Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Reference > Sample Databases

Old 10-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
arnelgp
error reading drive A:

Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,583 Posts
arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice
cheap alternative to Access Imagine

sample picture-capturing database.
currently saving the image (bmp) to external folder.
but can also be save to an Attachment field.
the codes are not that organized so modify it as you wish.
the code comes from an excel forum with some modification
to adapt with msa.
code is 32 bit and 64 bit compatible.
tested on msa 2019 x64.
any questions, ask the original author 'coz I have not fully review the code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip photoCapture.zip (65.7 KB, 39 views)

Old 10-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
arnelgp
error reading drive A:

arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice arnelgp is just really nice
Re: cheap alternative to Access Imagine

found this error (Module1) while trying to run on x32 msa.

#Else
Private Declare Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As LongPtr) As LongPtr

should be change to:

#Else
Private Declare Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,591 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

@arnel
As mentioned in a PM to you yesterday, I've tested this repeatedly in Access 2010 32-bit but nothing happens when I take a snapshot. Do others have any success with it?
Setup Camera seems to do nothing. Setup Video gives a choice of front/rear camera. I've tried both! After clicking Take Snapshot the capture screen stays black

Also there is no GetDC declaration. There are GetWindowDC and GetDeviceCaps APIs.
All APIs look fine in 32-bit

As a side note, there is some useful code here such as getting the width of the nav pane which I may steal

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 10-07-2019 at 09:32 PM.
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
arnelgp
error reading drive A:

i've tested it now with a2010 x32 and it worked.
i am using WIA so it may or may not detect your camera (step 1).
if on step 2, you can see the video running, then you can capture the snapshot of the video.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #5
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Just to be clear, are you suggesting adding the Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition Library reference?
I just tried it but it had no effect.
What should happen when the Setup Camera button is clicked?

One more question - what is Access Imagine? Typo?

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
Old 10-08-2019, 12:26 AM   #6
isladogs
Part time moderator

OK - just tried it again on 2 more PCs - A2010 32-bit & A365 64-bit
After an initial crash its working on both of those but still not working on the Windows tablet I started testing with.

To answer my own question the WIA library reference isn't needed
And I assume Imagine is a typo for Imaging?

Website links:

Colin

Last edited by isladogs; 10-08-2019 at 04:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Uncle Gizmo (10-08-2019)

Tags
camera , id picture , photo , web cam

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: