Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Old 07-11-2019, 12:53 AM   #16
Emma35
Newly Registered User

Emma35 is on a distinguished road
Re: Query Criteria

It is populated with 8 different locations in short text format. Yes they do match.

Edit: I inherited this database second hand and it's a mess. I know the names don't coincide which is making things more complicated

Emma35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 AM   #17
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,540 Times in 3,421 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

and are your plant values also text?

and to be clear, since your cboBlock contains 20 values, and your table only 8, you are selecting one of the 8?
CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 AM   #18
Emma35
Newly Registered User

Yes everything is set as text. Sorry i was a bit confused....cboBlock is looking at a table of possible blocks which i set up to populate the combo box. This was just for getting results from the query which looks at the main table

Old 07-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #19
CJ_London
Super Moderator

CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

and the answer to my other question?

and to be clear, since your cboBlock contains 20 values, and your table only 8, you are selecting one of the 8?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:21 PM   #20
Emma35
Newly Registered User

There is a table of values which i set up to populate the combo box cboBlock and this is used to feed the query which looks at the main table. Incidentally a block is a work area and a plant is a smaller section within that area.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #21
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Quote:
Incidentally a block is a work area and a plant is a smaller section within that area
which implies that in your form, you can only choose plants that are in the block.

I am at a loss to provide further guidance - suggest you upload a copy of your db - remove or disguise anything sensitive, then compact/repair and zip your db
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ_London For This Useful Post:
Emma35 (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 AM   #22
Emma35
Newly Registered User

Ok i'm uploading a version which has a lot of info removed so sorry if you get the odd error message. Apologies also if my explanations haven't been as clear as they could have been.
Thanks again for your time
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test - Copy.zip (250.1 KB, 14 views)

Old 07-12-2019, 03:04 AM   #23
CJ_London
Super Moderator

there is no data in your main table so nothing is returned, also, no report

however your cboBlock control is bound to column 2 and there is only 1 column so it should be bound to column 1

you have not set up any relationships - you said plant belongs to a block so your relationships should reflect that.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:12 AM   #24
Emma35
Newly Registered User

I'm beginning to think i might as well start this thing again and build my own version rather than take a short cut and use the existing database....looks like it wasn't set up very well in the first place ?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:03 AM   #25
CJ_London
Super Moderator

if it is part of a bigger app, not enough to tell whether it is worth starting again

the lack of relationships may be the result of you copying tables across but not the relationships

did you fix the issue with the block combo and did it correct the problem?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: