Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM   #16
Bham45
Newly Registered User

Bham45 is on a distinguished road
Re: Novice wondering if Access is right for this project

Of course I'm looking at the price of the entire package--and so would the parish. Don't know what you mean about waiting for a build. I've already determined I'm not going to attempt creating a db.

Bham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #17
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,362 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Novice wondering if Access is right for this project

"Waiting for a build" in the world where I worked before I retired had the connotation of waiting for the developer to put together a usable package with as many bugs as possible having been removed. But there is a "build cycle" of refining and releasing new versions on some schedule. The problem of "waiting for a build" is that there is a cost in regular industry for not having productivity software ready to be productive. So normally there is a monetary cost (in lost productivity) while waiting for the productivity tool to be ready. That is what I was implying about costs while waiting for something to be ready.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: