Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > Visual Basic

Old 03-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
LUIZ GUILHERME
Newly Registered User

LUIZ GUILHERME is on a distinguished road
how to enable horizontal scroll in listview?are there a conditions for that(size)?

Hi everyone. I have visual basic comunity 2017, and a program with a form, a listview, a label and a button, with which I test cloning several Column headers with names “col 1”, “col 2”,etc.
As I add column headers, the label shows the number of columns, no matter how many. That’s ok.works
The cloning part is ok too,off course, because the label shows correctly as I add the columns. I clone hundreds if I want.
But the problem is that, no matter how many column headers get in listview, listview just can’t show neither the headers beyond the size of the listview (although label shows them growing..), neither the horizontal scroll of the listview. In other words, they are being created but can’t be seen because there’s no horizontal scrolling.
Below is the code I’m using (“visible = true” and “details view” are used when form is loaded. See the code please)
Attached Files
File Type: docx cloning headers.docx (12.9 KB, 12 views)

LUIZ GUILHERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo
Re: how to enable horizontal scroll in listview?are there a conditions for that(size)

I noticed that you have yet to receive a reply. Hence I'm bumping your post of the list, so it gets another look, and maybe someone will come back with an answer.
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,494 Times in 3,381 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice
Re: how to enable horizontal scroll in listview?are there a conditions for that(size)

what do you mean by listview - not a term used with Access. Do you mean a listbox? or a datasheet? or something else?

CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
LUIZ GUILHERME
Newly Registered User

LUIZ GUILHERME is on a distinguished road

Hello.I'm sorry.. isn't this about visual basic? Im confused.. how is access related to visual basic comunity 2017 please (can be,but not necessarily)?..
LUIZ GUILHERME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,494 Times in 3,381 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

its about vba rather than vb and this is an access forum which uses vba. the languages have a lot of commonality, but the construction of forms is completely different. I'm sure there are some responders here that have the level of knowledge you require (regret I don't) but you will probably get a better response from somewhere like stackoverflow or a vb specific forum. Or perhaps just google your question and see what comes up. A quick google found this thread for example

https://www.daniweb.com/programming/software-development/threads/438650/listview-scrollbars-allow-scrolling-but-hide-the-bars

not sure if it meets your needs, but it's a start

CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: