I have just received a new laptop from our IT department which they always preconfigure with requested software.
The laptop was configured with SQL Server Express 2016/7? and SSMS V18.2.
The SQL Express is for me to "play" with and I use SSMS to connect to SQL Express and the company SQL Server which is 2016.
I have a couple of problems:
- Whilst they have installed SSE I am not the DBA and have not been given permissions to create databases (so not much use really)
- SSMS V18.2 no longer has a debugger
I would like to remove SSMS V18.2 and replace it with SSMS V17 to get debugger back.
I would also like to install SQL Server Developer Edition 2017 myself a) to learn, b) so I can configure it to grant me permissions to create databases. At this point SSE will be redundant.
- Can SQL Server developer 2017 co-exist with SQL Server Express?
- What version of SSMS does SSD 2017 come with?
- Would uninstalling SSE 2017 get rid of SSMS V18.2?