Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
GiPSyFiSH
Newly Registered User

GiPSyFiSH is on a distinguished road
Wink Sharing my mail merge system

Hey

I had posted a question earlier about changing Albert Kallal's Mail Merge code to allow foreign characters (instead of them showing up as ?????? after the merge)

Nobody replied so I started building my own system from scratch.

An example database is included for those interested.

It's not perfect yet, as it doesn't create directories (folders) where they do not exist yet, but that's easy to iron out.

What it does is, with the call of 1 function on a button, export any sql you pass based on any table or query and export it to word (rtf).

Then it opens a dialogue window where you can pick your template and perform the merge based on that rtf file (or edit your templates).

BEWARE:
1. Ignore the comments in the code, some are no longer relevant. Needs cleaning.
2. Directory name of the templates is based on the source query or table, at the moment it doesn't create new folders well.
3. The naming of the variables isn't always the best

The included example database should work though, given you leave the directory structure intact.

Just sharing,might be helpful to someone, never know, if interested, I can upload a polished version when completely finished.

Cheers

PeopleWordMerge.zip

GiPSyFiSH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export , kallal , mail merge , word

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: