Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 09-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
Hello1
Newly Registered User

Hello1 is on a distinguished road
how to prevent access VBA from opening all classes

A quick question...

Im opening my .accdb with the shift key and after that when I launch the VBA the VBA opens all my class objects and it takes some time.
I tried closing all of them and then close the .accdb and open it again. After that I opened the VBA again but again all the class objects open.
On some of my other .accdb I did the same and the class objects dont open when I launch VBA, what makes it load much faster and I open manually just the class object hich I need.
Is this the work of the shift key? But then how dont they open on some of my other .accdb, I also use the shift key there?

Thanks

Hello1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,269 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: how to prevent access VBA from opening all classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello1 View Post
On some of my other .accdb I did the same and the class objects dont open when I launch VBA, what makes it load much faster and I open manually just the class object hich I need.
Interesting. I couldn't duplicate this. I always get all the modules open even after I closed them. Can you tell any differences in the settings between your accdbs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #3
Hello1
Newly Registered User

Nope, I cant find any difference in settings. In fact earlier I achieved this on one of my .accde and then I wanted to do it on the same one just with different linked tables and I couldn't.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #4
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Nope, I cant find any difference in settings. In fact earlier I achieved this on one of my .accde and then I wanted to do it on the same one just with different linked tables and I couldn't.
I'll try to open as many files today as possible just to see if I can find one that behaves differently and let you know if I find anything.

|
|
Old 09-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
Hello1
Newly Registered User

Alright, I found it out. After closing all the class objects, I just had to do a compile

After that when I relaunch the .accdb the class objects dont open
The Following User Says Thank You to Hello1 For This Useful Post:
theDBguy (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:29 AM   #6
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Alright, I found it out. After closing all the class objects, I just had to do a compile

After that when I relaunch the .accdb the class objects dont open
Ah, I can confirm this works. Thanks!

|
|
Old 09-12-2019, 07:39 AM   #7
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,741 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

See this link for some code that may speed things up for you :
Close all VBE windows

Website links:

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns Ė the ones we don't know we don't know. It is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones" Donald Rumsfeld
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Hello1 (09-12-2019), theDBguy (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #8
Hello1
Newly Registered User

Awesome, I will see to implement that.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
See this link for some code that may speed things up for you :
Close all VBE windows
It's too bad there's no keyboard shortcut for that. Thanks!

|
|
Old 09-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
It's too bad there's no keyboard shortcut for that. Thanks!
Oh, I guess there is sort of one keyboard shortcut we could use for this. Just keep holding down Ctrl+F4 until all the windows are closed. Cheers!

|
|
Old 09-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #11
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,014 Times in 2,741 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Oh, I guess there is sort of one keyboard shortcut we could use for this. Just keep holding down Ctrl+F4 until all the windows are closed. Cheers!
Easily done!
I have an autokeys macro that does exactly that.
I use CTRL+SHIFT+X but you can use anything you like.
Take care not to overwrite an existing Access keyboard shortcut

In fact I mentioned doing that in the link I provided
Attached Images
File Type: png autokeys.PNG (6.8 KB, 47 views)

Website links:

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns Ė the ones we don't know we don't know. It is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones" Donald Rumsfeld
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Hello1 (09-12-2019), theDBguy (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 08:41 AM   #12
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
Easily done!
I have an autokeys macro that does exactly that.
In fact I mentioned doing that in the link I provided
Nice. Thanks!

|
|

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: