Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

View Poll Results: Which age group do you fall in?
0-9 0 0%
10-19 2 4.35%
20-29 6 13.04%
30-39 4 8.70%
40-49 13 28.26%
50-59 9 19.57%
60-69 7 15.22%
70-79 4 8.70%
80-90 0 0%
Legendary 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #61
Bladerunner
Newly Registered User

Bladerunner is on a distinguished road
Re: Blue's Age poll.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
It would actually be interesting to see where most people got their handles (at least, I certainly think so).

I'm guessing Blade took his name either from the book or the movie?

Mine's rather more mundane - it's part of a guild/clan/alliance/whatever name from a play-by-mail game I used to play. The game was Duelmasters (was big in the late 80's), and the group was The Frothingslosh Syndicate. We've had lots of members, but the names were always something Frothingslosh - Biff Frothingslosh, Otto X Frothingslosh, Manray Frothingslosh, Ichabod Frothingslosh, etc.

The Slosher name itself came from Olde Frothingslosh pale state ale, the only beer with the foam on the bottom!

What, you think I'm always serious?

And no, I'm afraid I only used the Frothingslosh name here and in that game. My handle pretty much everywhere else on the web is more literary.

Ah.......how little we know of each other. No, I did not get my name from the book or the movie. I don't even think I have seen the movie. It has Harrison Ford in it therefore it should be a good movie........I just don't know. Maybe I'll finally get to watch it someday soon.

I had put many years in the medical field (around 30) and retired wanting to start my own business instead of clocking some else's card. I did this some 20+ years ago and am still the proud owner of a construction company. In the beginning, I started out pushing dirt therefore the nickname I bare now. Now I am fixing to retire from this and begin yet another (career, lol) of going from a part-time farmer to a full-time farmer (sheep). I still do a little programming on the side, but it is getting less and less. As you might have guessed if you have helped me out on the other forums, I am in the process of creating a program to keep up with the farm and the animals, etc. using Access. In the past I have always used programming languages not databases. Therefore, I am constantly asking stupid questions in my quest. It also helps keep my brain churning in the right direction. At my age that is a good thing!, I think?

Have a good day.

Blade.

Have a great day :>)
Bladerunner
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #62
spikepl
Eledittingent Beliped

spikepl is a jewel in the rough spikepl is a jewel in the rough spikepl is a jewel in the rough

Concerning age: check out this video of John Travolta in Phenomenon at 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDSNs9wBpU

... and be specific

Don't tell us what did not happen.
Do you tell the mechanic about your car "it doesn't work" or vague stuff like:
I couldn't, No joy, To no avail, No go
, Incorrect, Wrong, Seems, Without success, It didn't let me, I/it failed.

Do tell us what did happen
:

I want this ... to happen, I attempted this ..., using this ... code and pressing these buttons, the system did this ... in response, and I got this ... error in this ... line.

Did it help? Pass it forward!

Joys of Access:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

spikepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #63
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Ah.......how little we know of each other. No, I did not get my name from the book or the movie. I don't even think I have seen the movie. It has Harrison Ford in it therefore it should be a good movie........I just don't know. Maybe I'll finally get to watch it someday soon.

I had put many years in the medical field (around 30) and retired wanting to start my own business instead of clocking some else's card. I did this some 20+ years ago and am still the proud owner of a construction company. In the beginning, I started out pushing dirt therefore the nickname I bare now. Now I am fixing to retire from this and begin yet another (career, lol) of going from a part-time farmer to a full-time farmer (sheep). I still do a little programming on the side, but it is getting less and less. As you might have guessed if you have helped me out on the other forums, I am in the process of creating a program to keep up with the farm and the animals, etc. using Access. In the past I have always used programming languages not databases. Therefore, I am constantly asking stupid questions in my quest. It also helps keep my brain churning in the right direction. At my age that is a good thing!, I think?

Have a good day.

Blade.
Ah, that makes sense (the name). It's not a connotation I've seen before, but it's logical.

If you like sci-fi at all, you'd probably like the movie. It's pretty low-key overall, and more about story than flash, and the movie pretty much defined the cyberpunk look. The book, on the other hand (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?) didn't really impress me much. IMO, it's the rare case of the movie being better than the book.

Yeah, I've seen your posts about your project. You tend to post your questions after I've stopped checking AWF for the day (what freaking hours do you keep?!?), so they're always answered before I see them. Our...differences...aside, I'd have jumped in to help because that's what I'm primarily here to do, but the rest of the crew has been on it.

And yes - the best way to fight off age-related mental deterioration (for lack of a better term) is to keep your mind active and challenged. I kept trying to get my dad to do more than watch TV all day in part because I could see his memory starting to go over the two years I helped him before his death.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 AM   #64
Bladerunner
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
Ah, that makes sense (the name). It's not a connotation I've seen before, but it's logical. \

Yeah, I've seen your posts about your project. You tend to post your questions after I've stopped checking AWF for the day (what freaking hours do you keep?!?), so they're always answered before I see them. Our...differences...aside, I'd have jumped in to help because that's what I'm primarily here to do, but the rest of the crew has been on it.
Usually late at night sometimes to about 12-1 in the morning. Only need about 5 hours of sleep to function. (have done that all my life). Guess I am what you call a 'night-owl' However, this is winter and I get a little more time than usual to enjoy myself. When March gets here, I will have to lay down my programming skills and the Forum. Between farming and the business until December of this year, I will get precious little time to converse with you and the rest of the group.

Differences are a good thing NO?. I have always heard 'it is what makes the world go round'

Sorry about your dad, It is hard to lose them but it is a fact of life. We are Born to Die?

Have a good day.

Blade

Bladerunner
Old 01-28-2015, 08:22 AM   #65
Bladerunner
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikepl View Post
Concerning age: check out this video of John Travolta in Phenomenon at 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDSNs9wBpU

... and be specific
Have not seen that one but will watch it tonight. I remember John in that I stole a few of his dance moves back in the (70's). at 10:22am CST

Have a good evening.
Blade

Bladerunner
Old 01-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #66
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Oh, I'm a night owl too, and go to bed around midnight myself (although I'm usually done with the forums around 5). It runs in my family.

I'm just always shocked when I run into other people who need as little sleep as I do.

Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:06 PM   #67
RainLover
VIP From a land downunder

RainLover will become famous soon enough

One of my nick names is "Blue".

It is not uncommon where I come from.

Blue is also a common name for a certain breed of cattle dog.

Windows 7. Access 2003. East Coast Australia. GMT +10,

RainLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:05 AM   #68
BlueIshDan

BlueIshDan is on a distinguished road

Omg hahahahaha!

Blue's Age Poll:

Animated Sorting:

Mining File Directories:
GetSubFolders:

GetFileLines:

FindSimilarValues:

Move (Avoid moving objects game):
BlueIshDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:20 AM   #69
RainLover
VIP From a land downunder

RainLover will become famous soon enough

I get my name because I am a Red Head.

This is the land from Down Under. A bit hard for you guys to understand.

Windows 7. Access 2003. East Coast Australia. GMT +10,

RainLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age , blue , blueishdan , poll

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: