Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 05-31-2019, 12:38 PM   #1
screentone
Newly Registered User

screentone is on a distinguished road
Question Selecting Form Fields for Report

Hello, I am making a database that has forms displaying records with an email field.

I am having trouble figuring out how to have a button that will allow me to add the email addresses of the current record to a text box in a report (with a comma between them preferably) that I could print or copy/paste.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

screentone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,293 Times in 1,274 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Selecting Form Fields for Report

Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try to give you a copy/paste approach for now, since I am not sure I understand the report connection at this time. So, you could try to put an unbound textbox on the header of your form. Then, you could try to populate it with the email address and just copy and paste the result whenever you need it. To do so, you could try using the following code in the Click event of your button.
Code:
Me.TextboxName = Me.TextboxName & "," & Me.EmailAddressField
Hope it helps...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
screentone (05-31-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
screentone
Newly Registered User

screentone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'll try to give you a copy/paste approach for now, since I am not sure I understand the report connection at this time. So, you could try to put an unbound textbox on the header of your form. Then, you could try to populate it with the email address and just copy and paste the result whenever you need it. To do so, you could try using the following code in the Click event of your button.
Code:
Me.TextboxName = Me.TextboxName & "," & Me.EmailAddressField
Hope it helps...
More about my initial thoughts to use a report: I have two different forms that display records from two different tables. I thought I might be able to add emails from both tables to a single text box. The emails would be added to a running list that can be added to and cleared by the user, but wouldn't be kept between sessions.

screentone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #4
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,293 Times in 1,274 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by screentone View Post
More about my initial thoughts to use a report: I have two different forms that display records from two different tables. I thought I might be able to add emails from both tables to a single text box. The emails would be added to a running list that can be added to and cleared by the user, but wouldn't be kept between sessions.
Well, there several places where you can store values to keep them independent of other objects. You can use a separate standalone form, a global variable, a TempVars variable, or a temp table.

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
screentone (05-31-2019)

Tags
button action , form field , report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: