Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Forms

Old 10-09-2019, 01:50 AM   #1
georg7
Newly Registered User

georg7 is on a distinguished road
Form to search and edit datasets

Hello again,
I want to build a form that is like a query but I can edit the queried data sets. Should be like: type in the ID of the product you want to edit. Shows me every product with the ID and I can edit the price of the product.

Any ideads?

Best regards
Georg

georg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:01 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,721 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Form to search and edit datasets

That's a standard Access form. Use a combo or listbox if you want users to select from existing record rather than guess the numbers.
Here's an example that may help http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 10-09-2019 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Fixed typo
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #3
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,259 Times in 1,240 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Hi Georg. As Colin said, there are a few samples and demos showing how to do something like this, because there are a few ways it can be done. Have you tried any of them?

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:04 PM   #4
georg7
Newly Registered User

georg7 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,
I couldn't find something like what I'm searching. I think it's not possible.
The searching Option is working but I can't edit the results. So it isn't useful for me.

Best regards
Georg
georg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #5
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,721 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Assuming your description in post 1 is correct, its certainly possible. In fact as I stated, its a standard use of an Access form.
Here's another example that may be helpful http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/m...ter/4594454290

With respect to the editing part, there are many reasons why dataset can be read only. Here's a good summary http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html. As long as none of those reasons apply it will be editable.
If it helps, post the sql for your form record source

Website links:

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
form , query , search

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: