Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #2941
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,373 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's your best/worst joke?

I recall the "perfect country song" that included topics of mother, prison, trucks, rain, guns, dogs, and bad love affairs. The refrain includes the question: Were you born an asshole or did you practice your whole life?

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #2942
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron will become famous soon enough Micron will become famous soon enough

Reminds me of one that I came up with when I was a kid and needed a comeback line. It was "Were you born a (fill in the appropriate word) or did you take lessons? We're talking early 1960's here.
Micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:57 AM   #2943
kevlray
Newly Registered User

kevlray will become famous soon enough

Back to the old phone conversation. I have a cheap flip phone (Trac phone). I do not use it much, thus not much need to spend a bunch of money for a money service. Twenty dollars every 90 days gives me plenty of minutes. My wife has the smart phone (where she gets a bunch of texts from my one daughter and we use the map services from time to time).

kevlray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #2944
Mackbear
Newly Registered User

Mackbear is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: What's your best/worst joke?

This sentence contains exactly threeee erors.
Mackbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #2945
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo

I like this Idea!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007_And_Queen_1a.jpg (58.7 KB, 136 views)
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #2946
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,373 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

He's gonna need a bigger gun.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:41 AM   #2947
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

Attached Images
File Type: jpg worms.jpg (42.4 KB, 107 views)

AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #2948
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,481 Times in 3,368 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

Researchers have discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentiumís mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.
CJ_London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:28 PM   #2949
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron will become famous soon enough Micron will become famous soon enough

Love the governmentium one. I had to look up pillock though.
I guess that an atom with no protons has nothing positive about it?

P.S. which govt has 312 members? British is 650?

Last edited by Micron; 04-21-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 AM   #2950
CJ_London
Super Moderator

CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

british is 650
Old 04-22-2019, 12:40 AM   #2951
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,249 Posts
isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all

However there are roughly 312 Tory MPs currently (actually 313).
The joke is however universal - any party / any country

Micron's comments reminded me that a long time ago, I got a complaint from a parent about calling her son a pillock - she had looked up its etymology.
According to one dictionary at the time, in medieval times it referred to a young boy used for prostitution. Oops!

After that I tended to use the words twannock & plonker ... both of which had equally offensive origins but got no complaints!
The word dipstick was also good for the same purpose

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #2952
CJ_London
Super Moderator

It was October and the Navajos on a remote reservation asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild. Since he was a chief in a modern society he had never been taught the old secrets.

When he looked at the sky he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like. Nevertheless, to be on the safe side he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But being a practical leader, after several days he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, "Is the coming winter going to be cold?"

"It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold," the meteorologist at the weather service responded. So the Chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later he called the National Weather Service again. "Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?"

"Yes," the man at National Weather Service again replied, "it's going to be a very cold winter." The Chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later the Chief called the National Weather Service again. "Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?"

"Absolutely," the man replied. "It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters ever."

"How can you be so sure?" the Chief asked.

The weatherman replied .......
"The Navajos are collecting firewood like crazy."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ_London For This Useful Post:
murray83 (05-07-2019), Uncle Gizmo (04-26-2019)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: