Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > Windows

Old 02-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #1
walkerpu
Newly Registered User

walkerpu is on a distinguished road
How to remove "Activate Windows" WaterMark?

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 and I wanted to know how can I remove the Activate Windows watermark from my screen?

I have a licensed Windows 10 and the license is a digital license which doesn't require any serial key and it is registered to the Microsoft account.

In the past, when I reinstall Windows 10, it asks for the Microsoft account during installation and gets my windows registered every time.

But this time it didn't ask for the Microsoft account and now I don't know how to register the Windows using my digital license and how to remove the watermark.

P.S: This time I have installed windows on a new machine as the old machine which I was using before having some graphics card issues and I remove the hard drive and put it into this machine.

walkerpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to remove "Activate Windows" WaterMark?

You probably just need to contact MS and they will give you a new activation key.?
However they might say that is a whole new computer as only the hard drive has been replaced.?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
walkerpu
Newly Registered User

walkerpu is on a distinguished road

Yes, the computer is new only I have used the old hard drive as I have my data on that. I will keep using the old machine once the problem is resolved on that. There is an issue of the graphics card.

But till then can't I registered the Windows on a new machine? The digital license doesn't require a Key.

walkerpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,517 Times in 2,311 Posts
isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all

Assuming you have a verified purchase registered with MS via your account, they will activate it for you. However in doing so, that will probably deactivate the old version of Windows on your old hard drive

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
walkerpu (02-02-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #5
Akyosuke
Banned

Akyosuke is on a distinguished road

Here another tweak to remove activate windows 10 watermark from registry editor. Here how to do

Press Windows + R, type regdit and ok to open windows registry editor.
First backup registry database then navigate to the following key.
“HKEY_CURRENT_USER” Expand “Control Panel.” Click on the “Desktop” folder.
Now on it in the right-hand window, Double click on “PaintDesktopVersion” DWORD key.
And Change the “1” to a “0” in the “Value Data” field, and click “OK.”
That’s all, Close registry editor, and restart windows to take effect the changes
Akyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:44 AM   #6
theseus
Newly Registered User

theseus is on a distinguished road

Windows 10 is designed to notice when you make major changes in hardware. Minor changes, like a new graphics card, it is supposed to ignore. It is to prevent piracy they say. You will have to contact Microsoft about it.

I installed a new mother board in my system and had to install a new copy of Win10. At least it cleaned out some of my junk files.
theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about AccessBlaster has a spectacular aura about

If you have a legit copy of Windows 10, you can change the drive(s) graphics card(s) memory or pretty much any other hardware. Obviously windows is not seeing your copy as legit.

AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: