Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
Robert2019
Newly Registered User

Robert2019 is on a distinguished road
Type conversion error in append query that worked minutes ago

I have a query that appends data to an existing table. This query is run from a form. It sets query criteria from one field in the form. It's been working great for weeks. It worked yesterday.

I created another append query to append data that's calculated differently and to be appended to the same table as the first. Again it uses some criteria submitted from the form and subform. After much searching of the web I finally figured out how to properly call for a criteria value from my subform. The append query worked.

Then I thought I would get smart and after running the query, I added anew instruction to refresh the form. (I have a refresh button, but I thought if refresh could just happen after running the append query, it would be much nicer.)

Now the append query gets this error: ms access set 0 fields to null due to a type conversion failure

I removed the refresh action. But it's broken. Both append queries are broken. The whole point of the database is to run these queries which split costs for resources across multiple campuses at varying cost shares.

It makes no sense that the queries appended fine one moment and get conversion type errors now. Nothing in the original table was changed, (that I'm aware I changed). Even running the queries outside of the form and without the calls to form data, the conversion error comes up.

Robert2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: