Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 06-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
ccastell88

ccastell88 is on a distinguished road
Building a database from scratch

Hi i have a assignment in which i have to build a database with documentation (attached file has details about the assignment) I have no prior database experience, and have no idea where to start.

I want to build the database for a computer store which sells computer products. I don't want to make it very complex, since my database skills at this stage are very poor.

I will appreciate if someone gives me a run down or steps in building this database. I have no clue where to start, since this is probably the first database i have ever built.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mark Scheme.zip (27.1 KB, 59 views)

ccastell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
ColinEssex
Old registered user

ColinEssex will become famous soon enough
So were the Access classes cancelled?

Col
Old 06-28-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
ccastell88

ccastell88 is on a distinguished road
No, its just i have a single lesson each week and the teacher i have doesn't really qualify as a IT teacher. She basically gives us sheets from external sources and makes us figure it out ourselves.

ccastell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
neileg
AWF VIP

neileg has a spectacular aura about neileg has a spectacular aura about
Looking at the assignment, you need a lot more than a working database. In fact it looks as if you could achieve a pass with no working system. There are lots of helpful people in these forums, but recreating an IT course from scratch is asking a bit much.

You will get the best help by asking for specific advice to solve individual problems. At the minute, you seem to be needing someone else to do your assignment. If I was you, I would:
1) talk to your teacher, including asking for useful reference books or articles
2) if you get nowhere with this, talk to the course leader. You or someone else is paying for this course and you're not getting value for money

Good luck!

Cheers, Neil
neileg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: