Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 05-29-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
MaleNurse325
Newly Registered User

MaleNurse325 is on a distinguished road
Talking Font Size

Hi guys and ladies,

I have a report with a large date field that has an address in it.
Is there a function that I can use that will increase the font size to fit all of the available space in the field?

MaleNurse325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,401 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Font Size

Hi. No, I don’t know of any function that does that. Sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:50 AM   #3
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,077 Times in 2,795 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Nor me. Out of interest why/how would you put an address in a date field?

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:52 AM   #4
MaleNurse325
Newly Registered User

data not date d'oh... sorry
Old 05-30-2019, 05:00 AM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

What you could do (by trial and error) is find out how many characters fill the textbox at different font sizes. Then create your own user defined function to count the total characters used and adjust the font sizes accordingly.

There have been threads where the opposite was required - reduce font size to fit in space available ...try a forum search starting with the similar threads below

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
Old 05-30-2019, 05:34 AM   #6
gemma-the-husky
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,030 Times in 996 Posts
gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all

Stephen Lebans used to have a routine that worked the other way - shrunk text to fill a text box.

I imagine if you checked you could get it to go the other way.

http://lebans.com/autosize_textbox.htm

if a poster helps you, please click the scales at the bottom left of this posting, or use the thanks button alongside.
gemma-the-husky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gemma-the-husky For This Useful Post:
MaleNurse325 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #7
MaleNurse325
Newly Registered User

Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately it is an older version of access (V3.0) and my system hates it and wont open it.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:13 AM   #8
gemma-the-husky
Super Moderator

gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all

Hmm

different problem. I can't download it, and I can't find my old downloads from the site.

if a poster helps you, please click the scales at the bottom left of this posting, or use the thanks button alongside.
The Following User Says Thank You to gemma-the-husky For This Useful Post:
MaleNurse325 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #9
MaleNurse325
Newly Registered User

Thank you for trying
YouTube let me down.. its normally very good
Old 05-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #10
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleNurse325 View Post
Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately it is an older version of access (V3.0) and my system hates it and wont open it.
V3 is the version of the DB, not Access. It was built with 2003.

Here is a 2007 version. I just opened and saved after conversion.

HTH
Attached Files
File Type: accdb AutoSizeTextBoxVer3.accdb (384.0 KB, 24 views)

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #11
gemma-the-husky
Super Moderator

were you able to download it, or did you already have it?

Old 05-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma-the-husky View Post
I downloaded it just now.
Tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:12 AM   #13
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Stephen's utility in the link provided (& converted by Gasman) works in a slightly different way.
It adjusts the size of the textbox according to the amount of text entered - it doesn't change the font size.

You may have meant his auto font size utility which is the idea I was referring to in post #2 http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm
I have attached an ACCDB version of that (done in A2010)

Alternatively the OP could consider using a zoom box as in the first similar threads link below. I referred to my example app http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/m...ols/4594549378 in post #2 of that thread
Attached Files
File Type: accdb AutoSizeFontVer2.accdb (528.0 KB, 15 views)

Website links:

Last edited by isladogs; 05-30-2019 at 10:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 01:14 PM   #14
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma-the-husky View Post
Just downloaded it Dave.

I've attached it here, just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AutoSizeTextBox.zip (45.3 KB, 16 views)

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: