Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 07-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #46
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough
Re: Can't assign Value to this object

I believe if you can get the form itself back and the controls have not changed, then all you need is the latest code and you can get all your amended code from the file you exported.?

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #47
kirkm
Newly Registered User

kirkm is on a distinguished road

Dave, re record selectors - I added them to frmMain and the Edit Form. In frmMain it shows beside the Navigation Pane with one triangle/arrow. I couldn't see anything in the edit form.

The Edit Form is a collection of controls and buttons. The MainForm has 2 sections, one with buttons and one with a table (subform).

While editing a record I can see the mainform and the triangle/arrow did not change. This was the same for both a record that would allow an edit, and one that won't (and tells me its locked by another session).
I can't really upload it as it's way too big and full of rubbish as I've tried different or temporary bits of code.

There is no way to stop the code at a point where another 'session' starts ?

There's now a 2nd copy (on another computer) and it works, but theres a lot of stuff missing and I can't just swap over to it. If I could identify what Form has the problem maybe progressively add things in until the error shows ? Or, is there a better plan?
kirkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:52 AM   #48
gemma-the-husky
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,032 Times in 998 Posts
gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all gemma-the-husky is a name known to all

I can see your last post was a couple of days ago. I just don't understand how your record is getting locked without the indicator changing. Can you put record selectors on the subform? Is this a "split" from by any chance? I don't use split forms, but they might give you weird results.

I'm just clutching at straws really.

Are the datatables in a separate database. The data tables couldn't be open in another app, could they? Another access database, or even Excel?

if a poster helps you, please click the scales at the bottom left of this posting, or use the thanks button alongside.
gemma-the-husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #49
kirkm
Newly Registered User

kirkm is on a distinguished road

Dave, I kindof put it to one side. After spending 2 weeks getting nowhere I've lost heart! The new Edit form does the job if I close the main Form (and as it hiccups only on really long fields = over 2000 chars) it's a rough enough workaround. After removing "dirty = false" I've only had one locked ldb needing a reboot and that was when trying things out to see results.(Nothing significant was found). Not sure about "Split Form" there is a datasheet subform on the main Form, otherwise everything is contained in the one mdb (no backend or Excel etc).
There is a working copy on a 2nd computer but it's a severely cut-down version. If I get re-motivated maybe comparing every procedure in each might show something.
Many thanks to you and everyone who helped and offered suggestions.

kirkm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: