Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 07-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #1
GC2010
Newly Registered User

GC2010 is on a distinguished road
Use TransferSharePointList And Pass Credentials

I have linked SharePoint tables into an access database, and for some reason now anytime I want to access the linked SharePoint table it asks for username and password.
Which equates to DomainName\username and password is domain password

Is there a way to pass this information in VBA instead of having to manually re-link the tables and input the info each time?

GC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:30 AM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough
Re: Use TransferSharePointList And Pass Credentials

Hi. You shouldn't have to manually relink the tables. If you want to refresh the links, you can simply right-click on any linked SharePoint table and refresh from there. The login credentials requirement is set up in SharePoint. It should have a certain timeframe set up to ask for the password again. So, if you're simply working in your front end, you could still periodically asked to login again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:41 AM   #3
GC2010
Newly Registered User

GC2010 is on a distinguished road
Re: Use TransferSharePointList And Pass Credentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Hi. You shouldn't have to manually relink the tables. If you want to refresh the links, you can simply right-click on any linked SharePoint table and refresh from there. The login credentials requirement is set up in SharePoint. It should have a certain timeframe set up to ask for the password again. So, if you're simply working in your front end, you could still periodically asked to login again.

I am refreshing the tables via a button click on the form, so a user does not have direct access to the "standard" database view. I was hoping in a perfect world, situation 1) Access VBA could grab the error code saying we need credentials (or based off amount of time it's taking to get data) and have a form ask the user for there username and password

But I do realize I am asking a lot of VBA here.

GC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: