Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Introduce Yourself

Old 06-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #1
jmills
Newly Registered User

jmills is on a distinguished road
Smile New User Hello

Hello all, Jmills here in SUNNY Phoenix AZ. Hit 110F today. New to the forum. Started database programming in 1990 using Paradox. Taught Access and SQL programming in the late 90's but have been working in Politics since I took a stab at redistricing in the early 2001-03. My brother has a roofing business in Austin, Tx and is in need of some database work. Told him I would help him out but it has been almost 20 years since I did much Access work. So while I still remember Database design principles, some of the syntax is rusty. That's why I'm here.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself.

JRM

jmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,739 Times in 2,500 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: New User Hello

Hi and welcome to AWF from the UK where the temperature hit 11C and we had around 100mm of rain yesterday. Perfect British summer

Anyway hopefully we can help you get sorted

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
jmills (06-12-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 04:16 AM   #3
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

|
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:22 AM   #4
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,951 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome JR.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:45 AM   #5
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,507 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, JR, and I'm glad you could join us.

As a younger man, I traveled a bunch around the USA. I visited Phoenix briefly once. Based on something a radio announcer once said on the air when it was 110 degr.F and I was in San Antonio, I wonder... do you know the wind-chill factor for that 110 degrees? In San Antonio that day, the feels-like temperature was only 102.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #6
jmills
Newly Registered User

jmills is on a distinguished road

We do not get a lot of wind when it reaches those temperatures. Wind tends to keep the temp down. We do have something called the Heat Index. It is a combination of temperature and humidity. Luckily, again when the temp is 110+ humidity is usually under 25%, and almost everyone has central air conditioning.

And remember, that 110 is 110 in the SHADE. True Phoenicians will park farther away from a store to park in the shade.

I will admit in the mid 80's, during my late teens I moved to northern Ohio, along the Great Lakes and my first day in Toledo, Ohio the sign on the bus station read 98F and 99% humidity. Even after living through many Phoenix summers, I though I had died and gone to Hell, and most people did not have central air.
jmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #7
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,507 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, New Orleans summers in the 'burbs are commonly in the 95 degr.F / 95% humidity range, particularly late August / early September (which is the start of alligator hunting season.)

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: