Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 12-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #16
mdlueck
Sr. Application Developer

mdlueck will become famous soon enough mdlueck will become famous soon enough
Re: Attempting to use ADO Disconnected Recordset VBA style for non SELECT queies

Greetings Scott,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
The key is that you make bloody well certain that you don't reset the error collection, which means no execution of any kind of On Error statement. Maybe passing the DAO object did that on its own.
Quite possibly. Anyway, I came to the conclusion that DAO objects were more fragile than ADO, and had to find a work around... which I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothingslosh View Post
Using that error handler, I have successfully reported 4- and 5-part SQL Server errors, and every error from SQL Server includes at least two errors, as the first one is the basic 'failure' one that is what most error handlers display.
I believe I only ever saw two errors in the DAO error collection in my time working on this application. Yes, SQL Server 2008 was the BE DB in this case.

I am thankful,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mdlueck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: