Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Politics & Current Events

Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
scott-atkinson
I'm with the Witch.......

scott-atkinson will become famous soon enough
Irish Debt Crisis

Heard today that the UK is thinking of giving 80 billion Sterling to the Irish to bail out their banks....

Where the fecking hell has this money come from, and why is it not being spent on our own economy...

If euro nation isn't prepared to give the Irish money without conditions attached, then the Americans should, after all during the 80's the Americans were ploughing money into funding a terrorist faction in the form of the IRA... in Ireland, so let them continue but for a more noble cause.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
the_net_2.0
Banned

the_net_2.0 is on a distinguished road
Re: Irish Debt Crisis

Scott,

I have no idea what to think of this crap that goes on. All I can say is that I'm damn thankful I don't have any kids. If I could do something about this ridiculous behavior of these crazies running our countries, I would.

a portion of the american politics was overthrown during midterms here as of late. Republicans partially swept the house. I don't they are completely right, but I do think the only way to bring the crazies back down to earth is to shut the spending down completely and lock the damn doors. If I was the pres, I would do that immediately.

Would I be hated worldwide? YES. Would my life be in danger for cutting the red and skyrocketing unemployment? YES. Would there be a world war in the future? NO.

The alternative, which is what they're doing right now is going to bring a fricken WW3 in the near future. Stop the bleeding right now and take your losses. Don't prop it up and leave it completely in ruins in the future. But what the hell are they to do!? People expect EVERYTHING NOW, not 2 minutes from now, NOW. So is cutting resources an option? NO. It is if you want to be a target for assassination! Hmmm...I don't think the leaders like that alternative.

IMO, the biggest problem here, and it's worldwide, is that people are too stupid to stand on their own 2 legs. "spoonfeed me, spoonfeed me. take care of me!".

As long as that attitude stands with the people, leaders will continue to carry on this crap. They will continue to protect what they have, and the people 100% tell them the manner in which to do it.
the_net_2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
ChipperT
Banned in 13 Countries

ChipperT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott-atkinson View Post
Heard today that the UK is thinking of giving 80 billion Sterling to the Irish to bail out their banks....

Where the fecking hell has this money come from, and why is it not being spent on our own economy...

If euro nation isn't prepared to give the Irish money without conditions attached, then the Americans should, after all during the 80's the Americans were ploughing money into funding a terrorist faction in the form of the IRA... in Ireland, so let them continue but for a more noble cause.
Can I get a paltry 80 million Sterling to bail out my own financial crisis? I may need to devalue my own worth soon without it and it would certainly affect the local economy (VERY local).

Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Rabbie
Super Moderator

Rabbie is a jewel in the rough Rabbie is a jewel in the rough Rabbie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Not quite true. It's not a gift its a loan to one of the UK's largest business partners. If the Irish economy collapses then the knock on effect would be extremely damaging to the UK economy. This means that the loan to Ireland could help the recovery in the UK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Rabbie
Super Moderator

Rabbie is a jewel in the rough Rabbie is a jewel in the rough Rabbie is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipperT View Post
Can I get a paltry 80 million Sterling to bail out my own financial crisis? I may need to devalue my own worth soon without it and it would certainly affect the local economy (VERY local).
NO Not unless you promise to buy me a few drinks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rabbie; 11-21-2010 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #6
Adam Caramon

Adam Caramon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If euro nation isn't prepared to give the Irish money without conditions attached, then the Americans should...
Sorry, we're broke. We're worse than broke. You'll have to come back and ask again after we start our next war.
Adam Caramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 AM   #7
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,451 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

I think the world economy is a case of "The Emporer's New Credit".

Everone borrows money from everyone else yet the lenders are broke too. Nobody will acknowledge that the the money they are lending to each other is baseless.

Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:36 AM   #8
Pauldohert
Something in here

Pauldohert is on a distinguished road

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11794106

Interestingly they want to undercut those who are bailing them out with their taxes.
Pauldohert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #9
Thales750
Formerly Jsanders

Thales750 is on a distinguished road

658 Trillion, in other words 10 times the annual global output. That is the size of the derivatives market.

A collapse of just 7.68% will render every asset in the world null. Try to get an understanding of that concept before you lock yourself into a box.

A country the size of Ireland; must not be allowed to fail.

We’re still on the verge of a great depression, one far more deadly than the last one.
80% of the world population lives in urban areas. If we fail at this, many people will starve to death.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #10
ColinEssex
Old registered user

ColinEssex will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Where the fecking hell has this money come from,
It's coming from all the savage cuts that we will have to endure over the next few years.

In other words, we suffer just to bail out the Irish.
Oh and don't forget, we give £40million per DAY to the EU as well. PLUS we give millions to these tinpot little countries to feed their starving millions - no sorry, to arm their army to fight rebels - or in some cases give to the rebels to fight the army.

D
ColinEssex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #11
statsman
Newly Registered User

statsman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
SOME Americans gave money to the IRA.
I understand some Brits of Irish decent were also on the contribution list.

We won't include those people who thought they were giving money to one cause but it was re-directed to the IRA or the Protestant militias.

Perhaps its me, but it seems every 15 years or so Ireland faces some form of economic crisis. Perhaps those "artists" should start paying tax.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 AM   #12
Rabbie
Super Moderator

The original post contains significant errors. The Irish rescue package is being put together by the EU. The UK contribution is approx 7 Billion not 80 billion as stated in the OP. IMO this is better than a collapse of the irish economy that would inevitably have serious economic consequences to the UK economy

Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #13
Rich
Newly Registered User

Rich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbie View Post
a collapse of the irish economy that would inevitably have serious economic consequences to the UK economy
The UK already has serious economic problems anyway, surely?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
Rabbie
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The UK already has serious economic problems anyway, surely?
Agreed. Thats why we can't afford for RBS to have to write off £50 bilion worth of Irish loans.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
PNGBill
Win10 Office Pro 2016

PNGBill will become famous soon enough

I can see the sence in avoiding a crisis but we seem to spiralling upwards with the crises getting bigger and the ability to bailout getting harder.

You hear stories of WW1 and WW2 debt still owing and wonder what level of descendants will see the end of this Debt game??

Maybe the World has to rethink Debt and Currency because at the moment it seems to be one big merry go round.

I owe you, you owe him he owes someone else and that other person owes me and doesn't pay so I can't pay you.

I am looking forward to having a Lifestyle Block and being self sufficient and you can all worry about the escalating food prices while I eat my home grown food and use my solar power. - A dream for now but I am afraid of the direction we are going in.

PNGBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: