Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Sports, Health & Fitness

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
and1_hotsauce
Newly Registered User

and1_hotsauce is on a distinguished road
Re: E-cigarettes aka Personal Vaporizers

if you replace smoking with these vaporisers, aren't you damaging the body the same way?

and1_hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
AnthonyGerrard
Newly Registered User

AnthonyGerrard is on a distinguished road

How you going with these? I bought one around 3 months ago - have hardly used it. I smoke around 25 a week. Usually when I go out and have a beer etc , havent managed to swop those cigs for the e cig yet.
AnthonyGerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
Fifty2One
Legend in my own mind

Fifty2One is on a distinguished road

Would be so much easier to dispense with the nicotine addiction, it is really not as hard to quit as the excuses made seem to tell. You just need to have control and will power.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #19
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty2One View Post
Would be so much easier to dispense with the nicotine addiction, it is really not as hard to quit as the excuses made seem to tell. You just need to have control and will power.
That's not entirely true. Some people have a stronger hold on addictions than others. There was actually a study that found a certain genetic trait that makes some people more likely to be addicted to nicotine than others. Unfortunately, that same study found that those with this trait were also more likely to develop lung cancer.

Not all addictions are purely mental. Some are very physical. I've seen someone actually have a seizure while attempting to quit smoking cold turkey. It's not so easy on everyone.
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #20
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately, my laziness made me go back to smoking when my atomizer went out. I'll knock this habit one day.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #21
AnthonyGerrard
Newly Registered User

AnthonyGerrard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
That's not entirely true. Some people have a stronger hold on addictions than others. There was actually a study that found a certain genetic trait that makes some people more likely to be addicted to nicotine than others. Unfortunately, that same study found that those with this trait were also more likely to develop lung cancer.

Not all addictions are purely mental. Some are very physical. I've seen someone actually have a seizure while attempting to quit smoking cold turkey. It's not so easy on everyone.
I have to say I think its 90% in the mind - like fifty. However - I Think he wrong in saying its simply a matter of willpower and control. Theres studies of jailbirds who have been clear of heroin for years, as soon as they visit the old haunts - their PHYSICAL symptoms of addiction come back. Smoking being still so prevalent, and easy to come by make it a tough thing to stop.

As i said in teh post that fifty - respsoned - it would just be easier to quit the nictotine addition. I only smoke for a few hours each week, I am not any longer addicted to nicotine, not physically( used to stuggle to go an hour and, travel hours out of may in teh middle of teh night to get a smoke). They could take all the nictine out - and I would still have the same problem I have no doubt.

Will power can easily stop us smoking. But I think you need to be in teh right mental zone - before that comes easy. Getting to that zone - is the difficult bit.

Cutting down to what I smoke now - when I look back was easy - I just cut down. Similarly when I eventualy stop altogether - I will look back and think I just stopped and it was easy. Actually a whole lot of things came togther, which evetually made it easy - up until then I struggled with it a lot.

The fact that the cigs where easier to come by than the e cig is really dispointing for you and for me as someone who wants to quit.

Good luck in quiting - we should start a access world quit club!!
AnthonyGerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #22
Vassago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGerrard View Post
Good luck in quiting - we should start a access world quit club!!
No kidding! I hope you have good luck with your quitting endeavors as well. I think I'm going to set a new date. The poisoning of my body is seriously starting to wear on me.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #23
harpygaggle
Newly Registered User

harpygaggle is on a distinguished road

I tried it twice but I just coughed and coughed, lol.
harpygaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
mhorner
Newly Registered User

mhorner is on a distinguished road

Good for you! I've heard a mixup of both good and bad things. Mostly good though.

I can certainly say its substantially easier on your lungs to vape, but who knows the long term effects quite yet. I guess how bad can they be when compared to cigarettes?

mhorner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: