Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Minkey
Newly Registered User

Minkey will become famous soon enough
Well what were the odds of that?

Well today was an interesting/ surprising one for sure, I was filming a guy for a client who was doing some golf club/ golf ball tricks, you know the thing (he wasn't that bad actually) but as I was setting up I noticed the club the client had brought in for him to use (he didn't have his own in the country) and it had a leather grip and shaft similar to one I used to have.

So I took it out of the bag and guess what............it was my club (we'll technically my grandfathers who gave it to me). I recognised it straight away as it an old Mashie Niblick or a 7 iron in modern terms. The nicks on the blade were as I remember , the shaft is unique as it is metal but painted to look like wood (the original wooden shaft broke and my grandfather had a new metal one made) and the grip had come away at the top exactly in the right place.

I asked the client (out of interest) where she got the club from and she told me it was left behind by the previous home owners, so I told her it was actually mine and went onto describe the bag it was in (which matched) along with the the other clubs that were with it.

Here's the surprise the bag and clubs were stolen from my car about 10 years ago.

So they ended up in a house a client of ours who brought it in for a one off unique event that will probably never happen again.

So I'm now reunited with a beloved club I used as chip and run special how's that! Put a smile on my face after 2 weeks of hellish work on toast.

.................................................. .....................

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar........and doesn't
Minkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
boblarson
Smeghead

Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,578 Posts
boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold
Re: Well what were the odds of that?

That is definitely an interesting story. Cool stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boblarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
rainman89
I cant find the any key..

rainman89 has a spectacular aura about rainman89 has a spectacular aura about

Find out who the previous owners were and call the cops on them! There's some sweet, albeit delayed, revenge!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
boblarson
Smeghead

boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold boblarson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman89 View Post
Find out who the previous owners were and call the cops on them! There's some sweet, albeit delayed, revenge!
They may have bought the clubs from a yard sale, or another person, and by who knows before them. 10 years is a long time and they could have passed hands several times in that period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
rainman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblarson View Post
They may have bought the clubs from a yard sale, or another person, and by who knows before them. 10 years is a long time and they could have passed hands several times in that period.
But what if they didn't?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
boblarson
Smeghead

Quote:
But what if they didn't?
Doesn't matter most likely as the Statute of Limitations would have expired on theft.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
rainman89

Quote:
Doesn't matter most likely as the Statute of Limitations would have expired on theft.
You're ruining my fun by using facts....!!!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
boblarson
Smeghead

Quote:
You're ruining my fun by using facts....!!!
I know Hope you have a good weekend Ray.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #9
rainman89

Quote:
I know Hope you have a good weekend Ray.
You too boB!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
Vassago
Administrator

Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about Vassago has a spectacular aura about

What a small world this is. I recently found out that one of my good friend's since early high school's Mom (about 15 years) worked with my Mom a few years ago for a few years. Craziness.
Vassago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
Thales750
Formerly Jsanders

Thales750 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkey View Post
Well today was an interesting/ surprising one for sure, I was filming a guy for a client who was doing some golf club/ golf ball tricks, you know the thing (he wasn't that bad actually) but as I was setting up I noticed the club the client had brought in for him to use (he didn't have his own in the country) and it had a leather grip and shaft similar to one I used to have.

So I took it out of the bag and guess what............it was my club (we'll technically my grandfathers who gave it to me). I recognised it straight away as it an old Mashie Niblick or a 7 iron in modern terms. The nicks on the blade were as I remember , the shaft is unique as it is metal but painted to look like wood (the original wooden shaft broke and my grandfather had a new metal one made) and the grip had come away at the top exactly in the right place.

I asked the client (out of interest) where she got the club from and she told me it was left behind by the previous home owners, so I told her it was actually mine and went onto describe the bag it was in (which matched) along with the the other clubs that were with it.

Here's the surprise the bag and clubs were stolen from my car about 10 years ago.

So they ended up in a house a client of ours who brought it in for a one off unique event that will probably never happen again.

So I'm now reunited with a beloved club I used as chip and run special how's that! Put a smile on my face after 2 weeks of hellish work on toast.
Did you give her a reward?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: