Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > The Watercooler

Old 02-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about
Rusty Cans

So @Frothingslosh,

In regards to the link in your signature, http://www.rustycans.com/HISTORY/oldfroth.html,

Have you been able to collect any?

Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough
Re: Rusty Cans

I have roughly a half dozen scattered about, all of them from the later collectible releases. I've kept my eyes open for the rarer older ones, but they don't come up for sale often, and tend to be fairly expensive when they do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
NauticalGent
Pristine Curmudgeon
Gold Supporter

NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about NauticalGent has a spectacular aura about

Very cool. I never got into collecting anything until we can here but nothing like Americana items. My mother has a lot of tins and others “stuff” I’ll have to sort out once she is no longer with us - I am in NO hurry for that...

There is an American here that collects glass...mostly bottles. He can comb the beach for hours on end. He did a stint in Gitmo so he really has some neat stuff. His house looks like Sanford and Son, but what the hell, he’s happy...

I recently found a guy (Italian) who has managed to find some WWII Nazi material, mostly lead figurines and China, which I suspect are forgeries but again, it ain’t my money and it makes him happy so who am I to judge...

Old 02-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #4
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

I'm not really much of a collector, actually. I discovered the whole Frothingslosh thing from a play-by-mail game I was into back during high school and got back into in the mid 2000s, and I've collected a handful of cans just because I find the whole concept behind the beer to be amusing.

For the record, I encountered the name because one group of players in that game I mentioned was The Frothingslosh Syndicate, headed by Biff Frothingslosh, with others like Otto X Frothingslosh as well. I wasn't part of it back in HS, but when I came back to the game, a few of us resurrected it. We got Biff and Otto to come back, and some others were Sylvester, Guido, Ichabod, and Alfredo. We were basically the game's bad guys (it kept things more interesting that way).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #5
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,318 Times in 1,215 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

According to the wife, I collect dust and cobwebs.
The_Doc_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
CJ_London
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,434 Times in 3,325 Posts
CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice CJ_London is just really nice

I collect little bits of wood, screws, nails, bent screwdrivers and the like because they might come in useful someday. Got a whole garage full.

CJ_London is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: