Go Back   Access World Forums > Apps and Windows > Windows

Old 11-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
Dick7Access
Dick S

Dick7Access is on a distinguished road
Win 10 verbal Help

I was trying to set my new computer to recognize my external speakers, and I must have click something I wasn't supposed to and now everything I type a voice comes on and repeats everything I am doing verbally. If I put my cursor over an Icon on my desktop it verbally speaks what Icon it is and verbally speaks the path (such as c:\dicks computer .........)
I have looked in the sound settings but don't see anything to fix it.
Google hasn't produced anything either.

Dick7Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,701 Posts
isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Win 10 verbal Help

Accessibility settings - I think its called Narrator or similar
Easy enough to switch off again

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Dick7Access (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Dick7Access
Dick S

Dick7Access is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
Accessibility settings - I think its called Narrator or similar
Easy enough to switch off again
That is what it was, thank you very much.

Dick7Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light

You're welcome. It's easy to do by mistake.

Website links:

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
Old 11-28-2018, 03:02 AM   #5
Gasman
Access newbie

Gasman has a spectacular aura about Gasman has a spectacular aura about

That appears to be the Narrator in Ease of Access in Control panel as Colin has stated.

Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:19 AM   #6
isladogs
Part time moderator

Gasman
FYI KevinJoseph is repeatedly reposting earlier posts after what appears to be Google translate from English to another language and back again.
Suggest ignore for now. I'm about to send a PM

For info: After moderator discussion, KevinJoseph's posts have now all been deleted & his account blocked

Website links:

Colin

Last edited by isladogs; 12-07-2018 at 04:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Gasman (11-28-2018)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: