Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 05-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera is on a distinguished road
Do you use any plugin/add in for VBE?

Yesterday I watched This video by Steve fisher during lunch time which introduced Rubber Duck plugin for VBE.

I was just curious if any of you use some kind of plugins to ease coding in VBE.
Share your experience please.

Tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,063 Times in 3,998 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Do you use any plugin/add in for VBE?

I use MZ Tools and Smart Indenter. I've heard good things about Rubber Duck; a client uses it, but just for indenting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pbaldy For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,402 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

MZ Tools. I run an old free version for sorting procedures and adding error handlers.
V-tools for Total Deep Search and Replace.

Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galaxiom For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Tera
Newly Registered User

Tera is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxiom View Post
MZ Tools. I run an old free version for sorting procedures and adding error handlers.
V-tools for Total Deep Search and Replace.
Never heard of V-Tools. I'll give it a try.
thanks
Tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough

I used to have MZ Tools and V Tools plus some add-ins from FMS installed on my old computer. I haven't had a chance to install them again since I've upgraded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theDBguy For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #6
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,727 Times in 2,490 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

I also use MZ Tools, SmartIndenter and VTools on a regular basis.
All highly recommended and the last two are free.
I also have a VBE History addin from Codekabinett - very simple but works well.
I've tried various other commercial addins from FMS and elsewhere and recently installed the free Access Dependency Checker

I've also tried Rubberduck. It repeatedly crashed my test machines and I uninstalled it. It seems to divide opinion.

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #7
sonic8
Newly Registered User

sonic8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera View Post
Yesterday I watched This video by Steve fisher during lunch time which introduced Rubber Duck plugin for VBE.

I was just curious if any of you use some kind of plugins to ease coding in VBE.
Share your experience please.
I couldn't live without MZ-Tools!

I used to use the mossProcBrowser a lot, but most of its functionality is now replicated by the Code Explorer Window of MZ-Tools 8, so I don't use it anymore.

I really like the ideas behind many features of RubberDuckVBA. Unfortunately, it does not work reliably enough for me, yet. - Don't discount it long term based on this comment though. It's in active development and I hope the developers will have the issues I'm experiencing fixed soon.

Despite it being incomplete and having several problems I find myself using my own VBA Navigation History quite a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to sonic8 For This Useful Post:
Tera (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 10:58 PM   #8
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,486 Times in 1,402 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
I also have a VBE History addin from Codekabinett - very simple but works well.
What does it do? Couldn't find it at the site.
Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 01:01 AM   #9
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,727 Times in 2,490 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxiom View Post
What does it do? Couldn't find it at the site.
The link is in the previous post by Phillip Stiefel (sonic8). He is the author of both the Codekabinett site and the VBA Navigation History addin. I agree that its not at all easy to find on the site without that link.

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: