Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Gadgets

Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
Steve R.
Retired

Steve R. will become famous soon enough Steve R. will become famous soon enough
Amazon.com - Do you really get an MP3 Download?

We just received a promotional credit from Amazon.com for supposed "MP3" downloads. Has anyone downloaded songs from Amazon.com? Are they real "MP3" files that you can burn to a CD??????

According to the advertising these are DRM free "MP3" files. The problem of course, is that before taking any offer you need to read between the lines to figure out what you are really getting. See: Troubleshooting MP3 Downloads

What makes me skeptical:
1. There is no affirmative statement that you are getting an actual file with a ".mp3" extension. Is seems that you may be getting a file with a ".amz" extension.
2. It appears that you may need Amazon.com "MP3 Downloader". I don't need another proprietary player.
3. Amazon.com only lists Windows Media Player and Apples iTunes as being compatible players. Amazon does NOT mention any capability to place your purchased music files on a CD or a USB drive. The absence of such affirmative language would seem to imply that you cannot "move" your songs and that you would be restricted to the stated proprietary players. So no listening to your music in your car?

Anyone have any experience with how this works and what you would actually getting?

Old 01-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Kryst51
Singin' in the Hou. Rain

Kryst51 will become famous soon enough Kryst51 will become famous soon enough
Re: Amazon.com - Do you really get an MP3 Download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R. View Post
We just received a promotional credit from Amazon.com for supposed "MP3" downloads. Has anyone downloaded songs from Amazon.com? Are they real "MP3" files that you can burn to a CD??????

According to the advertising these are DRM free "MP3" files. The problem of course, is that before taking any offer you need to read between the lines to figure out what you are really getting. See: Troubleshooting MP3 Downloads

What makes me skeptical:
1. There is no affirmative statement that you are getting an actual file with a ".mp3" extension. Is seems that you may be getting a file with a ".amz" extension.
2. It appears that you may need Amazon.com "MP3 Downloader". I don't need another proprietary player.
3. Amazon.com only lists Windows Media Player and Apples iTunes as being compatible players. Amazon does NOT mention any capability to place your purchased music files on a CD or a USB drive. The absence of such affirmative language would seem to imply that you cannot "move" your songs and that you would be restricted to the stated proprietary players. So no listening to your music in your car?

Anyone have any experience with how this works and what you would actually getting?
I don't know about MP3s but I have purchased audio books from there, and have been able to burn them to CDs from my Itunes.

EDIT: Although, you can only burn them 7 times I think before the liscense expires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Table defined lookups, not lookups in general
ACCESS 2010
Kryst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:11 AM   #3
addseo1118
Newly Registered User

addseo1118 is on a distinguished road

your songs and that you would be restricted to the stated proprietary players.

addseo1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #4
Tieval
Still Clueless

Tieval is on a distinguished road

I am not a technical expert on licensing control of media but there is some confusion in what they say.

The Amazon MP3 downloader copies MP3 files to a specific location on your hard drive, it is a downloading tool.

You can then just move them where you like, copy them to CDs, cell phones etc..

I do not know if there are any limits on this but can't say I have reached any and their downloader allows you to get another copy every time you trash a hard drive!

Tieval is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: