Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 06-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
Drand
Newly Registered User

Drand is on a distinguished road
Windows 10 Missing files

Hi

I hope this is the correct forum to post this to as I am new to Access Forums!

I am not an experienced Access developer but have learnt a bit to date.

I have purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 and have installed Office (Access) 2007.

I have migrated my application (which worked with Windows 10) on my old laptop and now when I launch Access I receive a message that OWC11.DLL V1.0 is missing.

I also receive messages such as Nz and Date functions are not working, which I guess is related to the missing DLL file.

Is it possible to install this file in Windows 10?

Appreciate any assistance and thanks.
David

Drand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough
Re: Windows 10 Missing files

Hi David. Welcome to the forum. If go to the VBA window and check your references, do you see anything marked as missing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
Drand
Newly Registered User

Yes. Microsoft Office Web Components 11.0 is missing

Old 06-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
theDBguy
Iím here to help

theDBguy will become famous soon enough theDBguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drand View Post
Yes. Microsoft Office Web Components 11.0 is missing
Do you know what youíre using it for? If you uncheck this reference and try to compile your project, what error do you get?

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:02 PM   #5
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,518 Times in 2,312 Posts
isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all

Office Web Components as part of Office 2003 and I believe isn't supported in later versions. Although it can be downloaded from various sites it may not work with your current setup - particularly if you have 64-bit Windows.

However, almost certainly its functionality is now part of other libraries.

This link may help https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...or-office-2010

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Drand
Newly Registered User

Sorry but no, I do not know what I am using it for.

After I unchecked it and complied, I get 2 errors.

Undefined function "Nz" in expression, and

An error occurred while sending data to the OLE server.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #7
Micron
Newly Registered User

Micron will become famous soon enough Micron will become famous soon enough

You're not trying to open a Run Time db version that was created in the prior Access version are you? One thing you could try is copying the db and removing missing references to see what happens.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:52 PM   #8
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,452 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

On the old system, did you have the 32-bit version of Office, and on the new system do you have the 64-bit version of Office?

For you to not have the NZ function is strange because it is in one of the "core" libraries that is usually installed by default on any Office system. Checking the references again, do you still have any missing references now?
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #9
Drand
Newly Registered User

The application is definitely the full version not run-time.

The old PC ran windows 32 bit and the new one is 64 bit.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #10
isladogs
Part time moderator

isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all isladogs is a name known to all

As I said in post #5, OWC is no longer supported.
You need to identify what used it by running Debug...Compile and fixing errors arising (if any)

The previous question was regarding the Office bitness ...not that of Windows

Nz and Date errors are not caused by the OWC issue.
See if compiling fixes those errors

Website links:

Colin
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 06-08-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #11
Drand
Newly Registered User

Thank you all for your help with this.

It seems my old notebook had an unexplained shutdown and restart which corrupted a lot of my queries. Don't know why but the field names in some of my queries were renamed expr1, expr2 etc which caused a lot of issues.

When the field names were renamed it was OK, sort of.

With those fixed, I am nearly back to normal but some of my functions are producing weird results.

Bit worried about stability of my application, but appreciate the assistance you have all provided me.

Cheers
David
Old 06-09-2019, 01:42 AM   #12
isladogs
Part time moderator

I used to suffer the Expr1, Expr2 issue a lot when I opened queries in design view that depended on a make table query being run previously.
One solution was to save the query in SQL view so it reopens in that view.

However a better solution IMO is, as far as possible, to use SQL statements in procedures rather than queries.

As for the instability problem, you may well have some corrupt code that needs clearing.
I suggest the following:
1. Make a backup.
2. Make sure you have Require Variable Declaration ticked in VBE Options
3. Make sure each existing code module has Option Explicit as the second line after Option Compare Database
4. Run Debug....Compile and fix all errors that flags
5. Decompile your database to remove corrupt code - it only takes a few seconds and cures almost all issues of this kind.
See http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftacces.../decompile.asp
6. Compile again - this time there should be no errors
7. Compact your database. All done!
8. Make another backup at the end - you can delete the original after testing

Website links:

Colin

Last edited by isladogs; 06-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:39 AM   #13
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,452 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Extremely agree with Colin's suggestion and STRONGLY emphasize his #1 and #8 steps. When dealing with a database, before you diddle with it, back it up so that you can start over again if things go whacko on you. And keep a backup of the successful operation as a new reference point of "It was working correctly HERE." So that if you have to make more changes later, you have a good starting point and a safe haven if your typing has suddenly become burdened by ills of the flesh.

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: