Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
kobin

kobin is on a distinguished road
how to associate label in different sections?

When I create a report in MS Access 2007, it will add labels to each control box, it places labels on page header when controls are in detail section. I need the labels in report header not in page header, if I delete or cut the label from page header and place is to report header the assosiation with control has been lost.
I dont see any way to assosiate the label with control if they are in different sections, or move the label from one section to other and keep the assosciation or bounds with control box. Is there any way to do it?

kobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
JamesMcS
Keyboard-Chair Interface

JamesMcS will become famous soon enough
Re: how to associate label in different sections?

Strange problem, but if you select a label and, say a text box at the same time, it'll come up with that little exclamation mark icon. Click that, there's an association option.

If anyone knows the root of the problem I'd be very interested to know!

James
If someone's helped you out, don't forget to click on the scales icon in one of their posts and add to their rep.
JamesMcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #3
DCrake
Remembered

DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to DCrake

Without researching it any further I was always of the belief that you can only associate a label with a control if they appear in the same section. Correct me if I am wrong but that's my understanding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Home of Simple Software Solutions.

O/S Windows XP (SP3) & Windows 7 64bit
Access 2003 (version 11.0)
Access 2007 (version 12.0)

Remember when posting sample databases you will get a better response if it is pre Access 2007 - not all people have it installed.
DCrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
JamesMcS
Keyboard-Chair Interface

JamesMcS will become famous soon enough

You're right - apologies, I assumed from the OP that they'd recreated the label in the same section.

Do you know off the top of your noggin what could be causing the problem?

James
If someone's helped you out, don't forget to click on the scales icon in one of their posts and add to their rep.
JamesMcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
DCrake
Remembered

DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light DCrake is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to DCrake

Labels are as they suggest labels. There is no point in having associations with them. To me they are just graphical indicators as to what the details in the detail section are. It seems to me that the OP want to retain alignment between control and label when designing the report.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Home of Simple Software Solutions.

O/S Windows XP (SP3) & Windows 7 64bit
Access 2003 (version 11.0)
Access 2007 (version 12.0)

Remember when posting sample databases you will get a better response if it is pre Access 2007 - not all people have it installed.
DCrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:40 AM   #6
Nangasaur

Nangasaur is on a distinguished road

Sounds similiar to what happens when you make a tabular layout for controls.

If you create a text box in the detail section, it makes a label next to it. If you then go to the control layout, and click tabular, it moves the label to the page header, with the text box control to the detail section. Pretty much as the description says, "Create a layout similiar to a spreadsheet, with labels across the top and data in columns below the labels."

So, you've either got something checked to automatically make all text boxes with their labels drop into a tabular layout, or you're trying to create text boxes through some other means than just clicking the text box button, and drawing a square with your mouse pointer in the detail section.

Nangasaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
associate , label

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: