Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Modules & VBA

Old 10-12-2019, 03:17 AM   #1
Pat_M
Newly Registered User

Pat_M is on a distinguished road
Create Sharepoint Online folder from VBA (access 2016)

I am a newcomer to SharePoint Online and I am trying to add a subfolder to a SharePoint Document Library from Access 2016 using VBA.

As this is my first post here I cannot add links to a recent post in Stack overflow "Create Sharepoint folder from VBA (access 2016)" which seems to be exactly what I need but...

Could anyone give a fuller example of the code needed to achieve this?
What API do I need to reference and how.
What references do I need in the access database: Microsoft Scripting Runtime, Microsoft XML, V6.0, VBA-JSON v2.3.1 module?
Also what url I would need to specify if the top level documents are located in this type of path:
h ttps://SampleName.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename/Shared Documents/

Thank you.

Pat_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,701 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Create Sharepoint Online folder from VBA (access 2016)

Hi Pat.
Welcome to the forum
Have you tried asking at SO as well?
If you copy the SO link here, one of the mods can edit your post and make it an active link

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Pat_M (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 03:50 AM   #3
Pat_M
Newly Registered User

Thanks isladogs, here's the link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ba-access-2016

Last edited by isladogs; 10-12-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Added active link
Old 10-12-2019, 04:01 AM   #4
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,701 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.
I can't help you with SharePoint as I've never used it.
However others will I'm sure be able to advise.

As for which APIs and references you may need, that will depend on what you're trying to do. For example, are you intending to work with XML or JSON files?

The more precisely you can explain your requirements, the more focused the responses will be.

Website links:

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #5
Pat_M
Newly Registered User

I only need to create the subfolder in sharepoint online. I can make use of a linked sharepoint list to access the contents of the folder afterwards.

So the sample code from the SO post should be all I need, but I am missing how to get it running:

strPostData = "{ '__metadata': { 'type': 'SP.Folder' }, 'ServerRelativeUrl': '/Shared Documents/Folder1'}"

'Set objXMLHTTP = New MSXML2.XMLHTTP
With objXMLHTTP
.Open "POST", url, False

.setRequestHeader "accept", "application/json;odata=verbose"
.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/json;odata=verbose"
.send strPostData
strResponse = .
responseText
End With
Old 10-12-2019, 07:24 AM   #6
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,226 Times in 1,207 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Hi. In some cases, it seems simply using the MKDIR command is enough. Have you tried it?

|
|
theDBguy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sharepoint online , vba access 2016

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: