Go Back   Access World Forums > Non-Access Issues > Debates

Old 11-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #31
Rx_
Nothing In Moderation

Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about
Re: Flat Earth and Hollow Earth Theories

They seem to describe a flame in every direction - creates a sphere of materials drawn to it, creating a shell. A force field of ions or other forces keeping matter at bay.
The proto stars, dwarf stars seem to be more common than thought as detection systems evolve. The last live cycle is called by some a dark dwarf.
In the case of the Earth, a big Iron core - in the middle - someting hot and powerful despite the crushing weight.
While I am not buying it with until maybe more modeling is available.
One of the interesting studies was a English Navy Engineer studying capitulation of propellers. Why would it just chew up big metal propellers? A void or bubble of nothing. Later studies show the collaspe of each void bubble is hotter than the sun.
The research here set up sonic standing waves to create them tens of thousound of times a second. It might be near to proving Cold Fusion. Propeller bubbles to cold fusion. Not expected at least by me.
So, could a type or fragment of a star form some kinds of planet as a shell around the star?
No idea. But, glad people are considering it. I am sure they wouldn't be happy being associated with Hollow Earth.

Rx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #32
Rx_
Nothing In Moderation

Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about Rx_ has a spectacular aura about

RE: iron core being Molten: Even though it is hotter than the surface of the Sun, the crystallized iron core of the Earth remains solid. A new study from KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden may finally settle a longstanding debate over how that's possible, as well as why seismic waves travel at higher speeds between the planet's poles than through the equator.
This has been a debate for some time.
Rx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #33
AccessBlaster

AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough AccessBlaster will become famous soon enough

Proof the Earth is not flat.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FlatEarth.jpg (86.7 KB, 123 views)

AccessBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AccessBlaster For This Useful Post:
NauticalGent (12-05-2018), Uncle Gizmo (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #34
isladogs
Part time moderator

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,697 Posts
isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light isladogs is a glorious beacon of light

Further proof that the UK is utterly divided at the moment with London and the South East in Europe & most of the rest of the country separated already.
In fact Boston, Lincs which was I believe the largest % supporting Brexit seems to be in a bit of a hole right now!

Website links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Colin
Previously known as ridders : Access 2010 32-bit, Access 2016 32-bit & 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2014, Windows 10,

Last edited by isladogs; 12-05-2018 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Extra sentence
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #35
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,203 Times in 1,103 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

We would have to see the front of these trousers to properly locate the promised land.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #36
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
RE: iron core being Molten: Even though it is hotter than the surface of the Sun, the crystallized iron core of the Earth remains solid
Matter phases depend heavily on both temperature AND pressure. Under pressure, some things will refuse to melt. That is why some folks think that even gas giants and smaller, colder stars may well have solid cores.

The math specific to the theoretical derivation depends on too many factors. For that reason, I will not offer any detailed analysis. It is my OPINION (clearly stated as such) that some parts of the core may be molten since it is the spinning motion that creates our magnetic field and if everything was solid deep down there, we would not have any kind of spinning other than in exact lock-step with planetary day/night cycles. But the scientists who have studied this say we don't have that situation.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:56 AM   #37
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

The Earth's mantle is molten. The core is at the center of that, where the pressure of all the mass outside of it finally forces the material back into the solid phase. It's a solid floating in a fluid which is, itself, contained within another solid (the crust).

It's a lot like filling a bowl with molasses, putting a baseball inside the bowl, and then spinning the baseball (except that the impetus for motion is the core's inertia rather than coming from the outside).

Last edited by Frothingslosh; 12-06-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #38
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Frothy, that image works for me. I'm surprised that the International House of Pancakes didn't make a breakfast bowl that resembled a baseball in a bowl of syrup to commemorate the opening day of baseball season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: