New to the forum... (1 Viewer)

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:00
Just thought this was a good place for an introduction...

I work in graphic design, recently migrated from mainly print design to now working in a lot of web design as well (sound familiar?).

I have recently undertaken a project to get my feet wet in the world of database design and hope to use this as a starting point to getting into SQL and PHP, which I am in the process of reading up on but not near the point where I feel compelled to dive in yet.

I have visited other forums and have been reading through this forum's posts and am impressed with the quality I see in responses given. I'm here to take advantage of that and hopefully one day be experienced enough to offer help down the road.

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:00
RickDB said:
I have visited other forums and have been reading through this forum's posts and am impressed with the quality I see in responses given.

You haven't read any posts by Rich and Col yet then? :D

(Just kidding fellas just kidding ... :p)

RickDB said:
I'm here to take advantage of that and hopefully one day be experienced enough to offer help down the road.

Got any examples of your work, I'm useless at graphic design and always looking for tips on improving my website graphics.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
dan-cat said:
You haven't read any posts by Rich and Col yet then? :D
Are you American Rick?

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 11:00
Well, there is no 'Welcome' or 'Introduce Yourself' forum here, so it's as good a place as any. ;)

Good to see a new "face" around here... :D

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
Whaddup fellas. Aye I'm American, hopefully I'm not subject to a bunch of politics cause of it :p. I'm sure you get plenty of us blokes dropping by huh, this seems a popular place.

I don't have much of a portfolio yet (done lots of side work, just never really scrapped samples together) and the only website I've ever made is still quite rough, but as a second generation of a first effort, it's not horrible by my estimation. Perhaps a bit of hyperbole when I said "a lot" of web design, but I'll get to that point soon enough I wager.

If you ever need advice in the graphic area, I'd be happy to lend asistance, although I make no high claims!

I'm going to be posting a data model of my first db effort in the tables section if anyone cares to take a look and offer constructive criticism.

Thanks again all!

Last edited:

BarryMK

4 strings are enough
Local time
RickDB said:
I have visited other forums and have been reading through this forum's posts and am impressed with the quality I see in responses given. I'm here to take advantage of that and hopefully one day be experienced enough to offer help down the road.

You're spot on about the advice Rick, even my non-existent Access skills have benefitted enormously from help here over the last couple of years.

Mind you, as an American visitor (this is a UK site after all you lot) just keep your head below the parapet and wear a tin hat when visiting the 'cooler or Rich and Col will get you.:) Oh and refrain from using the word "B*sh".:eek:

RickDB

Registered User.
Local time
I don't get into political debates too much.

I'm a huge fan of Jon Stewart's Daily Show, and for those of you that know, that basically means 95% of what goes on in our government is ludacris in my opinion.

Yesterday he did a hilarious peace about flag burning, I can't find that clip, but this one is on the same subject and is quite funny:
http://www.overspun.com/video/DailyShow.FlameRetarded.wmv

In fact, for a good time, here's some funny stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search=daily+show&search_type=search_videos

Also, Steven Colbert at the White House is unbelievably funny, for the very few of those that haven't seen it:
http://www.dailymotion.com/sensemilia/video/143459

I love my country though, so you'll not see/read me bashing it here, no matter my opinion of some of our elected officials.

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Howdy, I know I'm late..but better late than never...

R

Rich

BarryMK said:
They are politicians after all..........;)
Yes and I feel I should point out that Bush and Bliar are the biggest retards of the lot! :mad: ;)

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:00
Rich said:
Yes and I feel I should point out that Bush and Bliar are the biggest retards of the lot! :mad: ;)

I agree with Jon Stewart in the link that i posted above. Its not the administration its the system that is funny.

Once again I agree with Rich. Im not to sure about Bliar as im not up to date in world politics. I gave up caring about politics a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom