In God we trust...
All others must pay cash.

Maybe, "In the pope we hope.":eek:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:34
shouldn't it be "in guns we trust"?

Surely guns are more of a religion in the USA than a so called make believe God?

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:34
ColinEssex said:
so called make believe God?

Col

Why do you find it necessary to stick a hot poke in someone? What motivates you to try and dig a negative response out of people? Why is it important to you to thoughtlessly step on what others value?

Tasslehoff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:34
ShaneMan said:
Why do you find it necessary to stick a hot poke in someone? What motivates you to try and dig a negative response out of people? Why is it important to you to thoughtlessly step on what others value?

Because being evil allows you to do the evil cackle...and there is no better feeling in the world than crushing someone's hopes and then laughing like Vincent Price.

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
ColinEssex said:
so called make believe God?

ShaneMan said:

Yeah, Col?
I value grammatical accuracy. Either God's 'so-called' or he's 'make believe'. Make up your mind, eh? :D

Tasslehoff

Registered User.
Local time
Matt Greatorex said:
Yeah, Col?
I value grammatical accuracy. Either God's 'so-called' or he's 'make believe'. Make up your mind, eh? :D

No, grammatically it can be both. It's just a little ambiguous. The way he put it actually implies that he believes in God, like a double-negative. "I ain't never believed in God"

Now if he put a comma in between "so-called" and "make believe", then he would be saying what he is trying to say. Without the comma, "so-called" acts as an adjective on "make believe". With the comma, "so-called" acts as an adjective on "God".

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Tasslehoff said:
the evil cackle...

It's a spin off of the 'Colin Cackle'

:p :p :p

(Just kiddin Col - Hope you had a good week end on the scooter ! :))

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
shouldn't it be "in guns we trust"?

Surely guns are more of a religion in the USA than a so called make believe God?

Col
Well of course the reality is that Americans put their faith in the creation, of wealth, that is:rolleyes:

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Why is it important to you to thoughtlessly step on what others value?

Now why do I get a reminder of the kettle and black pot here? :confused: :rolleyes:

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
Now why do I get a reminder of the kettle and black pot here? :confused: :rolleyes:

First I would say that I directed the question to Colin. Second, I would ask you where I have ever stepped on someone values?

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
First I would say that I directed the question to Colin.

This is a public forum and as such the question is open to all to respond.

Second, I would ask you where I have ever stepped on someone values

Now, are you speaking as an individual or as an American?:confused:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:34
ShaneMan said:
why would I do that?:confused: I merely stated that in the USA, it seems that guns are a more popular form of religion, instead of the conventional fairy stories called the bible. So the motto should read "in guns we trust" because thats what Yanks do.

If you can tangeably prove there is a god - then feel free, I'm quite happy to listen. Just don't start on this "faith" business.:rolleyes: Come up with some hard facts.

I value not believing in a god person / thing. But I get stepped on by doorstep religion pedlars, I suppose thats different because they are preaching the "good" word, they thoughtlessly step on what I value. . . . .does that make me evil?:rolleyes:

KenHigg said:
Just kiddin Col - Hope you had a good week end on the scooter
Didn't get out on it Ken, busy doing gardening etc etc

Col

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
This is a public forum and as such the question is open to all to respond.

Yes, this is an open forum, but Colin is the one that made the statement, so I was asking him, personally, why he felt the need to say some of the things he does.

Rich said:
Now, are you speaking as an individual or as an American?:confused:

As an individual

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Yes, this is an open forum, but Colin is the one that made the statement, so I was asking him, personally, why he felt the need to say some of the things he does.

open minded, not brainwashed, not Republican, how many reasons are you looking for?
As an individual
the post was aimed at America as a nation, are you saying you're no longer an American?

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
ColinEssex said:
why would I do that?:confused: I merely stated that in the USA, it seems that guns are a more popular form of religion, instead of the conventional fairy stories called the bible. So the motto should read "in guns we trust" because thats what Yanks do.

Actually, I don't think there should be any motto on it, since it is the almighty Dollar that is the popular deity in America. Capitalism is the favored religion, and the Dollar is the god.

I think it should burn your fingers when you touch it.

Lisa

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:
If you can tangeably prove there is a god ...

We can't even tangeably prove there is a Rich but we keep responding to his posts... :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom