Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:56
Also, it's less 'blow clean off' than it is 'explode into messy chunks'.

However, .44s are hard and slow to aim and kick like a mule. Unless impressing someone with the size of your hand cannon is important or you plan on punching through body armor (good luck!), you're better off with something lighter. A 9 mm or even a .22 works just fine.

Personally, I wouldn't have a clue, never actually seen a real gun. I was just quoting Clint. I bow to your greater knowledge.

Actually, I'm not sure what Walmart is, it's not a name known much in the UK, although I think they own the supermarket 'Asda'. I imagine it is a shop that sell loads of stuff like Amazon.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
Yeah, have to agree with Frothy - depending on the specific type of ammo, a .44 mag will blow your head off but the word "clean" is in no way related to the results. A .357 mag has only just a little less stopping power but is somewhat easier to handle. And for my money, the Colt 1911 .45 caliber semi-auto is just as good if all you want to do is knock down someone who was trying to inflict mayhem on your person and dissuade them from immediately getting up again.

Never tried to buy a gun at a WalMart so really can't address how hard or easy it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom