Shootings in US schools (1 Viewer)

R

Rich

Brianwarnock said:
I can't find the post now but I think it was shortly after Worley arrived on the scene I attacked him for personal abuse of Rich and said that rich never indulged in personal abuse, and a battery of Americans replied that they took the continual attacks on their country and culture as personal abuse.

Brian
They call it anti-Americanism, seems like it's made it into the English language as well

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 15:06
Brianwarnock said:
I can't find the post now but I think it was shortly after Worley arrived on the scene I attacked him for personal abuse of Rich and said that rich never indulged in personal abuse, and a battery of Americans replied that they took the continual attacks on their country and culture as personal abuse.
Wo has done it to me too. He's harmless at the mo, he hasn't dismissed a comment as worthless or resulted to offensive name calling (to me anyway)

I like that Bri - a "battery of Americans":D - like chickens, all being told when to eat, when to do this, do that, what to believe etc etc

They shouldn't be so bloody touchy, there are many posts over the years where Rich and I have said its not necessarily the American populace we knock. Its more the hypocritical Yankee culture and blinkered views, then when you mention it, they get all pissy about it:rolleyes:

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 10:06
Rich said:
I attack a culture and many of the things it stands for, unlike many American posters here who resort to personal attacks on me. Still what's new. Go back and search the archives for a definitive list. Ask jennifer why he deleted the latest puerile attack on me at the weekend:rolleyes:

Because I feel sorry for you.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
Well I'm not sure if it's jennifer or josephine and wooley started it by calling me richtoven or some such drivel

I think I said Richard, and Richie Boy, but actually the use of jen, jenifer,josey, none of them really bother me.

What bothers me is your NEVER admitting your faults, and your willingness to point out everyone else’s.

The sad part about it, is that everyone else that I know, even the people on this forum, which could hide behind the net, own up to their fallacies. You however, are obstinate to the point of pity.

Pity, what else could anyone feel for you? And after a while of pitying someone, most people start to despise them, and certainly the one being pitied despises, because he realizes that it’s his own short comings that make him pitied. So he despises himself and the others for pointing it out to him.

I mean this with all sincerity, I truly pity you, your inability to have a genuine social life and your inability to admit your own faults.

Call me a quitter.

I saw a really interesting documentary a few years ago on African plains animals. The gazelles lost a member of their herd to a predator. They all looked back with a moment of sadness, and then turned and continued their flight.

That’s how I feel right now. There is no hope in having a friendship with you.

What a shame, I so love good friendships.

Last edited:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Wo has done it to me too. He's harmless at the mo, he hasn't dismissed a comment as worthless or resulted to offensive name calling (to me anyway)

I like that Bri - a "battery of Americans":D - like chickens, all being told when to eat, when to do this, do that, what to believe etc etc

They shouldn't be so bloody touchy, there are many posts over the years where Rich and I have said its not necessarily the American populace we knock. Its more the hypocritical Yankee culture and blinkered views, then when you mention it, they get all pissy about it:rolleyes:

Col

What do you know about America?
What we mostly get from your rather whimsical observations is that you really don’t have a clue.

Like does it get cold in the US? Are you kidding? The US is almost as large as Europe It stretches from nearly the equator to the artic circle.

We have mountains 15,000 feet tall, of course it gets cold.

Col,

I live near Washington, get on a plane and come vist.

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
ColinEssex said:

Why do you have to make comments like this? Feel free to take your silly punches at me but I don't think Cindy, Pat, Idjit or the rest of the Americans around here deserve to be considered 'Chickens' ?

Why don't you tell us what's really eating away at you Col. I'm guessing it's because you feel life has dealt you a bad hand in general and we're a convenient outlet.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
What do you know about America?
What we mostly get from your rather whimsical observations is that you really don’t have a clue.

Like does it get cold in the US? Are you kidding? The US is almost as large as Europe It stretches from nearly the equator to the artic circle.

We have mountains 15,000 feet tall, of course it gets cold.

Col,

I live near Washington, get on a plane and come vist.
Bloody hell Josiah - you really are pissy about something.

Listen, I commented that one may not associate places (like Tulsa) with being cold. I did not say "does it get cold in the US?" I am not that naive thank you.

Please reference where I asked that question. If you can't find it then either shut up or don't misquote me.

Sadly Jeremy, you are turning to a Ken clone who feels able to dismiss a comment without a thought, but worse still you even get the quote wrong, then procede to chastise that [wrong] quote.

And you've got the nerve to go on at Rich and I????????

Now just sod off back to your cabin under 30ft of snow.

Col

nikkypickles

Total Novice
Local time
Can I just point out that a comment about does it get cold in the US is a little bonkers - but our view of America tends to be shaped by whatever media you send us.
And I think the comment about chickens could just as easily have been made about sheep (except we have battery hens, not battery sheep, hence the comment) in that US and UK alike, when one starts, there is often a flock that follows suit. Maybe to tar everyone with the same brush is unfair, but that seems to be how these forums are heading.

KenHigg

Local time
nikkypickles said:
...Maybe to tar everyone with the same brush is unfair, but that seems to be how these forums are heading.

Do feel Col is a bit rude with his anti-American comments?

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
KenHigg said:

Ken,

Although I don't necassarily share Colins views, it is his right to express him self.

If you don't like it you don't have to listen.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Bloody hell Josiah - you really are pissy about something.

Listen, I commented that one may not associate places (like Tulsa) with being cold. I did not say "does it get cold in the US?" I am not that naive thank you.

Please reference where I asked that question. If you can't find it then either shut up or don't misquote me.

Sadly Jeremy, you are turning to a Ken clone who feels able to dismiss a comment without a thought, but worse still you even get the quote wrong, then procede to chastise that [wrong] quote.

And you've got the nerve to go on at Rich and I????????

Col

Well it's good to see you returning the good humor, in the manor in which it was meant.

Actually Col, I really was just razzing you.

I know, you know shit from shinola.

The invite stands though, come to DC, you’ll love it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
A comment that casts a different view as seen from the "outside" is only branded anti-American by Americans. Its well known that some Americans are not aware of what lies beyond their border, Rich and I are on a mission of education to show you the real world, not your safe diluted one

And you have the nerve to call me "a bit rude"???? . . . . . . . jesus h christ, thats a laugh:rolleyes: talk about hypocritical - I think you have a degree in it

Col

KenHigg

Local time
scott-atkinson said:
Ken,

Although I don't necassarily share Colins views, it is his right to express him self.

If you don't like it you don't have to listen.

Good point. But you avoided the question.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
KenHigg said:
Good point. But you avoided the question.

Ok I won't avoid the question.

Here is my opinion.

I feel that the US and the UK lead the world in the way things should be from the US and UK point of view.

Both countries are very rich, the US due to its size, the UK due to it's governements stealth tax policies.

I feel that GWB is a dangerous man, but I do believe that he is on the correct path with regards to world terrorism, even if between him and TB they have made a right hash of the Iraqi issue.

I do believe that the UK has a lot more in commom with our US cousins than we do with the rest of Europe, and I feel that one day the UK will leave the european union as it will just become a beaurocratic mess.

I believe that the US and the UK should stop supporting the Isreali government and I believe that Isreali officials should be charged with war crimes with the invasion of Lebanon which in my mind was completely unjustified.

Some people will shout comparisons with Iraq, but I believe that the governments of the US and UK were acting on behalf of what they believed to be credible evidence on WMD in the country.

You asked for it so you have got it.

I feel that our countries should stand united.

KenHigg

Local time
scott-atkinson said:
Ok I won't avoid the question.

Here is my opinion.

I feel that the US and the UK lead the world in the way things should be from the US and UK point of view.

Both countries are very rich, the US due to its size, the UK due to it's governements stealth tax policies.

I feel that GWB is a dangerous man, but I do believe that he is on the correct path with regards to world terrorism, even if between him and TB they have made a right hash of the Iraqi issue.

I do believe that the UK has a lot more in commom with our US cousins than we do with the rest of Europe, and I feel that one day the UK will leave the european union as it will just become a beaurocratic mess.

I believe that the US and the UK should stop supporting the Isreali government and I believe that Isreali officials should be charged with war crimes with the invasion of Lebanon which in my mind was completely unjustified.

Some people will shout comparisons with Iraq, but I believe that the governments of the US and UK were acting on behalf of what they believed to be credible evidence on WMD in the country.

You asked for it so you have got it.

I feel that our countries should stand united.

I must admit that I agree with your comments. But my question was 'Do feel Col is a bit rude with his anti-American comments?' Why can't he post his opinions like you have just done and stop running people out of the forum with his style of comments like:

Most religious cult people (like christians)...

I like that Bri - a "battery of Americans" - like chickens, all being told when to eat, when to do this, do that, what to believe etc etc

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:06
ColinEssex said:
Sadly Jeremy, you are turning to a Ken clone who feels able to dismiss a comment without a thought
ROFL, snort, choke, tears running down cheek, ROFL
This from a Rich clone!!!!!!
Oh dang, I digress.

KenHigg

Local time
FoFa said:
ROFL, snort, choke, tears running down cheek, ROFL
This from a Rich clone!!!!!!
Oh dang, I digress.

Besides, I only dismissed them after considerable thought;) :p :p

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
jsanders said:
Actually Col, I really was just razzing you.
ah yes, the standard American cop out statement. It saves admitting you got it wrong.

I know, you know shit from shinola.
you sadly know nothing

The invite stands though, come to DC, you’ll love it.
yeah right - and get shot by American cops? oh no, I'm not black, maybe I'll be ok.

Col

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:06
OK, OK, I must admit. This is getting a little deep.
First you must admit, Rich does tend to try to upset folks when he does not need to. I am not going to quote any posts, if you have been here you know. Or why else does he bring up religion in a context that has nothing to do with it in a thread that has nothing to do with it (just as an example). He is purposely trying to push peoples buttons. I would bet that Rich does not even believe that, I think Rich is just instigating things for his enjoyment. And to top that off I am beginning to wonder if COL and Rich are the same person with a different ID to force the issues for his specific enjoyment. Also have you noticed that Rich is always asking for "stats" to back up what you say, yet he hardly ever posts any or uses old ones that are out of date and do not pertain to the subject matter usually? And if you do, he just then ignores your posts? Any who, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Rich and Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom