• WOW

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Today, 21:56
What is better,

I believe guild wars is more for the people that dont get to play games like WOW twelve hours a day, and alows players to be judged on their witt and skill rather than how many hours you play a day. Also guild wars is free but they still do try to sneak in some money but making their expantions the price of a brand new game $90au rather than $40 which is the normal price for an expantion to a game.

What do you think?

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 05:56
I've looked at both but haven't played either. I'd be more apt to play Guild Wars though, since I don't really have enough time to devote to it (with a 2-year old at home) and I would feel like I was wasting my monthly fee at WOW. I actually bought a Guild Wars but then realized it was the Factions game (the second one) instead of the original. My computers are so old and need to be upgraded though, although they meet the minimum requirements with the exception of the video card. I then bought a video card but ended up putting it in someone else's machine. Oh well. Maybe I'm just not destined for online gaming. :(

Greyowlsl

Mlak Mlak
Local time
Today, 21:56
Heh, you need to think of yourself too, thats what mothers allways forget to do. For somone like you GW would be better though.

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
I personally am in the same boat as MrsGorilla. I have a 3 and a half monthe old running around and dont have near the time that I used to. I play guild wars and have played for almost a year. I also have two accounts and everything so I get royally hosed when the new game comes out. and as a note MrsGorilla, Factions is a stand alone game so you do nto hav to worry about not getting the right one.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 06:56
Everyone at my work plays WOW. I don't see paying 19.99 for a game, then paying another 15 bucks a month to play it, regardless of how much I play. I don't have time to get my money's worth, so I guess I'll never play.

They should offer hourly rates for those who don't plan on playing more than 50% of their life.

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Vassago said:
Everyone at my work plays WOW. I don't see paying 19.99 for a game, then paying another 15 bucks a month to play it, regardless of how much I play. I don't have time to get my money's worth, so I guess I'll never play.

They should offer hourly rates for those who don't plan on playing more than 50% of their life.

I agree with you Vass. It's been pretty hard for me to come to terms with, which is why I was looking at Guild Wars instead, with no monthly fee for playing online.

KalelGmoon said:
and as a note MrsGorilla, Factions is a stand alone game so you do nto hav to worry about not getting the right one.

I know, but at the time there were a couple of other people from here that were playing the original so I was wanting to play that one so I could "hook up" with them.

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
I know, but at the time there were a couple of other people from here that were playing the original so I was wanting to play that one so I could "hook up" with them.

Yeah I understand, I enjoy playing but lately have only been able to get in like 5 or 6 hours a week. a 4 and a half month old takes alot of time and attention.

kriksis

Local time
Today, 03:56
im going for wow, because i like it more and play it long time ;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:56
KalelGmoon said:
I enjoy playing but lately have only been able to get in like 5 or 6 hours a week. a 4 and a half month old takes alot of time and attention.
Bloody kids eh? they ruin your social life, drive you to drink, drain all your money and stop you doing things you enjoy.:rolleyes: who'd have 'em?

Better off with pets, at least they die after a few years and don't sponge off you forever.

Kids should be chucked out at 16 to fend for themselves. That way they'd take a little more effort in doing something constructive rather than terrorising people and being a pain to society for the fun of it.

Why do parents do everything for their kids? I left home at 16 and had to make my own way.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
No wonder you're so grumpy. ;)
Hi Cindy:rolleyes:

What I'm saying is that kids should be less mollycoddled. They should be allowed to eat dirt and do their own thing (within reason) Our world today is too sanitised and clinical.
Let them walk to school or get the bus. So what if its 3 miles? its good exercise for them. Get them doing housework

I'm going now. . . . . . .bye bye;)

Col

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
ColinEssex said:
Hi Cindy:rolleyes:

What I'm saying is that kids should be less mollycoddled. They should be allowed to eat dirt and do their own thing (within reason) Our world today is too sanitised and clinical.
Let them walk to school or get the bus. So what if its 3 miles? its good exercise for them. Get them doing housework

I'm going now. . . . . . .bye bye;)

Col

I don't disagree with you on that, other than the walking to school part. I wouldn't even mind it so much or mind their riding the bus except I would have to walk with them or see them to the bus stop because I would be afraid of a snatching or something. I used to walk or ride my bike everywhere.

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
their riding the bus except I would have to walk with them or see them to the bus stop because I would be afraid of a snatching or something. I used to walk or ride my bike everywhere.

Is that because the risk has increased, or your fear of it?:confused:

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Rich said:
Is that because the risk has increased, or your fear of it?:confused:

Probably more the latter. It just seems like everything gets reported to death all over the news which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing if it helps find children but bad thing if it makes everybody afraid. The actual danger probably hasn't increased since I was a kid.

R

Rich

MrsGorilla said:
Probably more the latter. It just seems like everything gets reported to death all over the news which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing if it helps find children but bad thing if it makes everybody afraid. The actual danger probably hasn't increased since I was a kid.
I'm sure the same is true for here too

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
MrsGorilla said:
I don't disagree with you on that, other than the walking to school part. I wouldn't even mind it so much or mind their riding the bus except I would have to walk with them or see them to the bus stop because I would be afraid of a snatching or something.
Its a fear brought on by the media. "Snatching" as you call it is in fact extremely rare in the UK - it may be more common in the USA with everyone having a gun and all the killings you have in schools and all the psycho's on the loose.
Most kids live in a catchment area for a school, so there's always hoardes of them walking to school or getting the bus, anyone planning a "snatch" would be mauled to death in an instant. I see them all en-route to work every day.
What makes me sick is mothers who take little daughter or son to primary school in a 4 x 4 and get upset if the little one has to walk 10ft to the gates because of gridlocked 4 x 4's around the school.
We have one such school outside my office window here, its absolute chaos between 8 and 8:30 in the mornings and again at 3:30 pick-up time.

Col

andrewneal

US Air Force User
Local time
Today, 06:56
:eek:WoW hands down! Content is much better and Blizzard is always adding something new. Every week more quests and items are added to include holidays and things. I have a lvl 80 rogue, 80 hunter, 80 druid, 79 deathknight, 76 paladin, 75 druid, 40 warrior. My daughter has a 79 deathknight also and when I am not playing, you can bet I get my monthly fee money's worth out of that game. She plays as much, if not more, than I do!!

Rendbre

Registered User.
Local time
It is brilliant, I have a 62 Death Knight and 57 Paladin. My wife plays along side me and we have a great time. I love the professions almost as much as the questing becuase it gives such an extra dimension to the game and lets you make some really useful (and sellable) stuff.

My wife's sister is a level 80 so she can help out from time to time but we're trying to do it all ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom