Building a database from scratch (1 Viewer)

ccastell88

Local time
Today, 23:12
Hi i have a assignment in which i have to build a database with documentation (attached file has details about the assignment) I have no prior database experience, and have no idea where to start.

I want to build the database for a computer store which sells computer products. I don't want to make it very complex, since my database skills at this stage are very poor.

I will appreciate if someone gives me a run down or steps in building this database. I have no clue where to start, since this is probably the first database i have ever built.

Attachments

• Mark Scheme.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 80

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 14:42
So were the Access classes cancelled?

Col

ccastell88

Local time
Today, 23:12
No, its just i have a single lesson each week and the teacher i have doesn't really qualify as a IT teacher. She basically gives us sheets from external sources and makes us figure it out ourselves.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:42
Looking at the assignment, you need a lot more than a working database. In fact it looks as if you could achieve a pass with no working system. There are lots of helpful people in these forums, but recreating an IT course from scratch is asking a bit much.

You will get the best help by asking for specific advice to solve individual problems. At the minute, you seem to be needing someone else to do your assignment. If I was you, I would:
1) talk to your teacher, including asking for useful reference books or articles
2) if you get nowhere with this, talk to the course leader. You or someone else is paying for this course and you're not getting value for money

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom