Trust issue (1 Viewer)

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:06
I have moved a Access 2007 database from on computer to another and now I am receiving a 'The SetValue' macro action cannot be executed in disable mode.' I have Trusted the path where the database now resides and enabled macros but still receive this error. It was working fine on the original computer. Any ideas?:(

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Right-click on the accdb or mdb file itself and select PROPERTIES. You should see a checkbox on one of the tabs that says something about trust and running the db - uncheck it. I just can't remember the actual wording.

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
Trust Issue

I am running XP Home edition and when I right-click on the ACCDB I don't see any of the options that you mentioned.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
After Right-clicking, did you click on PROPERTIES?

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I did. All it gives me is the file sizes,location, mod, create dates and such.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You don't have a SECURITY, or SHARING AND SECURITY, or ADVANCED tab?

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
There is one at the folder level but not at the file level. Do I have something turned off maybe on XP side?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Not that I'm aware of. The symptoms you describe would be that a file copied from another computer and put on your computer will have that security checkbox that disables running the file until you uncheck it. I had that occur with a client of mine when I copied a db file from my computer to his and then it took quite a bit for us to finally figure it out. I had to see the file on his computer and then I finally found the checkbox which, after unchecking, made everything fine. That's what your problem sounded like to me. If there is no checkbox then I'm not sure what it could be.

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
I can open the ACCDB and it runs the forms fine and it even rruns certain macros just fine. I am just a little confused why it doesn't run all the macros.

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
And I do think it is trusted because I know longer get the Trust Message on the Message Bar when I open it.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Did you maybe click YES when it originally asked you if you wanted Access to disable unsafe code?

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
Right now it is set to Enable macros under the Trust Center. But I am getting a little closer, the only macros that error are the ones that use SetValue in them. Is there something specific about this particular action that I am missing?

alorenzini

Registered User.
Local time
Could the problem also be I am using the evaluation version of Office 2007 Evaluation Version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom