Error 3026 - Not enough space on disk (1 Viewer)

s1police

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:52
Dear All,

I have a MS Access put into shared server to let user to use. However, when a user tried to open to use it, it prompted user that "Not enough space on disk".

I have checked the server size and local harddisk. There are also contain enough space to use. (My Access just 6MB only) Is there any user face this and solve before?

I have tried to search in google, nothing can be found. Please help!!!

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:52
Are you sure it is only 6mb? If an acces DB goes over 2 gigs it will give this error too.

Maybe the network is not the problem, maybe you have personal space allotments on the network which is full?

s1police

Registered User.
Local time
I can sure it is only 6MB. No data inside the database right now.

What do you means of personal space allotments in network?
I have checked the network drive, it also contain many space for storage.

What happen? Who can help? Thanks a lots!!!!

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:52
I dont know if this is happening with you...
But on some networks the admins allow you to have x mbs/gbs of storage on the network. If you go beyond that, no matter how much space is left on the network, you will not be allowed to save your work there.

Contact your network admins to see if this is the case, there should not be a problem from an Access point of view.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:52
if it is to do with network privileges for your user, perhaps this message is spurious, and masking some other message. Can YOU run it on the network.

The other thing is that you OUGHT to split it anyway. Just leave the data no the network, and not the code. Multiple users shouldnt be running the same copy of a database,

s1police

Registered User.
Local time
Just checked with the Server Admin, they limit the size for the domain.....

Yes, I have split it already. Users have a frontend in the server to use.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 20:52
... Users have a frontend in the server to use.

Users should have their OWN copy of the frontend, preferably on THEIR machine. You should not have multiple users using the same frontend file as that makes it a prime candidate for corruption (which could be the problem in this case then).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom