Mysql database link to access problem (1 Viewer)

Russ9517

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:05
I've created a database in mysql and linked the tables to microsoft access via odbc connection. I've setup a user in mysql with full permissions but i can't add/edit/delete any records in access:confused:

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 05:05
1) Have you already read MySQL's documentations on data types and migration (which has some information about linking via ODBC as well)

2) Did you enable any option in your connection string?

3) Need more information- what do you mean by can't add/edit/delete- what error message do you get?

Russ9517

Registered User.
Local time
When i open one of the tables i can't change any information or add new records

Banana

Local time
Suppose you made a simple table with just two column, one text and another INT then linked that table to Access. Can you add anything to this?

Does your ODBC connection use the same username/password that has the permissions to edit the MySQL?

Russ9517

Registered User.
Local time
i'll using the same login and password and i've tried at simple table but it's the same. The user i'm using has full permissions and i can add and edit field fine in mysql directly but not in access.

Banana

Local time
What MySQL version are you using? What about MyODBC's version?

This is quite bizarre as I've never seen that problem, using MySQL 5.1 and MyOBDC 5.1 (3.51 worked as well).

BTW, you didn't mention if you set options in your connection string...

Russ9517

Registered User.
Local time
mysql 5.0.51
odbc 3.51.19
i only set thte server name, user, password, database name and i used the default prt 3306
could security on the network cause this?

Banana

Local time
If it was a Windows security issue, you wouldn't be even able to read the data at all. If your server is somewhere else other than your computer, try and use MySQL client to verify that you can add/edit/delete in MySQL from your computer. If you can, then ODBC connection ought to be able to do the same thing with same credentials.

BTW, what version are you using for Access?

Banana

Local time
Add "201393187" to option in your connection string. Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom