Problem with form to find and populate records (1 Viewer)

whitespace

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
Hello, I'm trying to develop a staff/employee database and have run into a problem:

I have 3 main tables

tblEmployee (table of all employee basic details)
tblPost (table of all posts in the department)
tblEmployeeInPost (main table of employees and their assigned posts)

The prob is I need a form to populate the tblEmployeeInPost table - I want the user to be able to select the employee from combo box (showing various details from tblEmployee). I then want a subform(possibly) to display empty records in the tblEmployeeInPost table so that user can add entries in this (to keep a history of Employee posts and changes for example) - see attached screenshot - this is pretty much how I want it to look.

However this does not work, when I select a new employee from drop down the subform still shows same details and I can't seem to assign this to each employee. Does this make sense? The tblEmployeeInPost table has a link to tblEmployee on EmployeeID (one tblEmployee to many tblEmployeeInPost)?

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks

Jen

Attachments

• ExForm.JPG
    ExForm.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 105

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:52
Don't use a combo box (Employee) on na old record, (except if you want to change an employee name in this record). Use it on a new record, for a new employee. If you want to search any employee use a FILTER BY FORM icon.

whitespace

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
Thanks I think I've sorted it now - I simply just started again and inserted a sub form and access did the rest for me. I think the prob before was that I wasn't pulling in the EmployeeID to link on.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom