It's time for a new poll! (1 Viewer)

Will bin Laden make an appearance before Nov 4?

• Total voters

statsman

Local time
Today, 13:40
Bin Laden would be a fool to do anything.
If there is a major terrorist attack on the US in the last few days of the campaign, it would probably swing the election for McCain who would be the worst person to be in the White House from Bin Laden's perspective.
Obama will at least try to get the US out of Afganistan and Iraq if he is elected. This would be a good thing from Bin Laden's perspective.

This is probably why Bin Laden will do somthing.
Nobody ever claimed he was a genius.

Local time
Today, 12:40
I believe the author of the piece is promoting the idea that Bin Laden wants war with the US and will thus do something before the election.

I think everybody pretty much agrees that McCain is more likely to protect America than Obama. Just most voters have such a short term memory and no foresight (sp?) to think past the next beer.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 10:40
Um, I may be in minority, but I think Bin Laden likes Bush's foreign policy. He got fresh recruits and extra helping of hatred due to our butting in the Middle East. In fact, our intervention over there has made us less safe. So I think Bin Laden would actually like having McCain so he can continue the jihad.

Not that I expect Obama to be any better anyhow- he's just as much as interventionist as McCain is, talked about bombing Pakistan and playing world policeman.

Let me put it this way. The only way we can win the War on Terror is to give up our empire, close up all bases all over the world and call them home.

Jefferson said it best: Free trade with everyone, estranging alliances with none.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:40
I think everybody pretty much agrees that McCain is more likely to protect America than Obama. Just most voters have such a short term memory and no foresight (sp?) to think past the next beer.
Why, what has he done in the past to protect America?:confused:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:40
Al-Qaida supporters suggested in a Web site message this week they would welcome a pre-election terror attack on the U.S. as a way to usher in a McCain presidency.

The message, posted Monday on the password-protected al-Hesbah Web site, said if al-Qaida wants to exhaust the United States militarily and economically, "impetuous" Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain is the better choice because he is more likely to continue the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"This requires presence of an impetuous American leader such as McCain, who pledged to continue the war till the last American soldier," the message said. "Then, al-Qaida will have to support McCain in the coming elections so that he continues the failing march of his predecessor, Bush."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/22/al-qaeda-supporters-endor_n_136779.html

I'm still voting maybe.

chergh

blah
Local time
the republicans really must be getting worried they are going to lose if they're playing this card.

I guess Joe the Jihadist is for McCain as well.

Local time
I was under the impression that the Huffington Post was liberal. Not sure why you would think Republicans are doing this.

Am I wrong?

chergh

blah
Local time
Well the spectre of Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda is likely to push voters towards the republicans so when out of no where this stuff about Al-Qaeda and bin Laden appears then I tend to think it's the republicans making it up to try and get their candidate a few more votes.

Also looks like the republicans are getting ready to fix the elections again, as they did for Bush when he lost in 2000, witht the warnings about how there are likely to be problems.

Local time
I'm so confused as how you could confuse a post by Alisa, a self-confirmed liberal, from the Huffington Post, a liberal leaning publication, with an attempt by any Republican or Republican candidate making something up to try to get a few votes. It seems you're seeing what you want to see.

redneckgeek

Local time
Well the spectre of Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda is likely to push voters towards the republicans so when out of no where this stuff about Al-Qaeda and bin Laden appears then I tend to think it's the republicans making it up to try and get their candidate a few more votes.

Also looks like the republicans are getting ready to fix the elections again, as they did for Bush when he lost in 2000, witht the warnings about how there are likely to be problems.

I just hope they can cause enough problems to offset all the voter fraud.:rolleyes:

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:40
I just hope they can cause enough problems to offset all the voter fraud.:rolleyes:

You mean the fraud that John McCain's associates have perpetrated? Where the voter registration forms of people who marked democrat were shredded and only the republican forms were actually turned in? It's hard to see how this would offset that - it only seems to be ADDING to the fraud.

dkinley

Access Hack by Choice
Local time

lol....

Voter registration fraud, fraudelent voting, wars, a running mate that promises we are gonna be in deep doo-doo from the world at large when his candidate is elected president, the candidate's party that helped to sink the American economy, everything you judge a person's character on including experience, core beliefs, philosophies learned from marxists and communists, associations with terrorists are all just "distractions" and not the issue.

If these are distractions and not the issue, I am still trying to figure out what the issue is except rhetoric.

-dk

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Not that I expect Obama to be any better anyhow- he's just as much as interventionist as McCain is, talked about bombing Pakistan and playing world policeman.
Since Obama is a politician this may simply be empty rhetoric as a means of pandering to the American people to give the appearance of toughness. Unfortunately only time will tell and we don't have a truth meter to consult before the election.

The only way we can win the War on Terror is to give up our empire, close up all bases all over the world and call them home.
There is a degree of truth in that. We can not win by "holding" territory. We are also spending ourselves into oblivion with military expansion. (I wonder if the Russians are laughing at us now!) I would favor an Israeli style approach, quietly hunt them down.

chergh

blah
Local time
If something is news worthy it will be reported. if McCain was to say something really stupid, such as a racist comment, it would be reported in conservative publications as well as liberal publications. So my point here is just because something is reported in a liberal publication doesn't mean it wasn't made up by a neocon.

My accusation of the republicans making it up was semi tongue in cheek anyway as was the accusation they are getting ready to fix the election (thought you didnt deny that one ;)). It was more a musing on why this sort of story would appear at this time, i.e. a story that will raise peoples concerns about terrorism 2 weeks from an election where the republican candidate is trailing in the polls.

I'm most likely wrong but nothing wrong with a conspiracy theory about desperate republicans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom