Missing Ribbon Buttons on report at Runtime (1 Viewer)

AOsment

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:04
I am currently trying to create a custom ribbon for reports in Access 2007. I created the table UsysRibbons and added the group for email:

<group id="Email" label="Email">

<control idMso="FileSendAsAttachment" label="Email" enabled="true" size ="large"/>
</group>

It works fine when I'm running the accdb. But once I create the accde and use 2007 runtime to open it the group shows no buttons. I have other groups for closing and printing and they work fine. Any suggestions?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:04
in early versions of access you dont get much with runtime - eg none of the data handling buttons etc - i suspect that is why you are seeing only a minimum configuration

you have to program all required facilities, or get your users to spend the £80 or so to get an access upgrade, i think
although you say your users do get certain ribbons?

AOsment

Registered User.
Local time
Currently the icons that work on the ribbon are Export to Word, Print Preview and Close. Previously I had the icons to save the report as HTML and Snapshot file. These icons did not work with the runtime. Then I added the icon for FileSendAsAttachment which also does not work. We're in the process of converting all of our Access 2003 applications to 2007. In 2003 we used toolbars to handle the report functions.

Vonnie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:04
could you send more of the XML? Just one little typo will mess things up. Below is what I use, not control but button. Also I frequently forget to shut down the app and restart to see changes.

<button idMso="FileSendAsAttachment" size="large"/>

AOsment

Registered User.
Local time
Here's what I have. I downloaded a Ribbon Customizer which actually adds the xml for you:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
<ribbon startFromScratch="true">
<tabs> <tab idMso="TabHomeAccess" visible="false"/>
<tab id="dbCustomTab" label="ORBITRibbon" visible="true">
<group id="Export" label="Export">
<control idMso="ExportWord" label="Word" enabled="true" size ="large"/>
<button id="ExpExc" label = " Export to Excel " imageMso="ExportExcel" onAction="Ribbon.ManualExportToExcel" size="large"/>
</group>
<group id="Email" label="Email">

<control idMso="FileSendAsAttachment" label="Email" enabled="true" size ="large"/>
</group>
<group id="Print" label="Print">

<control idMso="PrintDialogAccess" label="Print" enabled="true" size ="large"/>
</group>
<group id="Close" label="Close">

<control idMso="PrintPreviewClose" label="Close" enabled="true" size ="large"/>
</group>
</tab>
</tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

Vonnie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:04
I did a test app, used your exact coding, created a runtime accde and it worked perfectly. If you have the correct references (and I assume you have since everything else works), it might be the Office Install or the default Email setup.
Have you tried the accde on another machine?

AOsment

Registered User.
Local time
I think the problem is our command line for launching the database. In Access 02 we used 2 switches when launching the mde the RO (read only) and Runtime. If I open the accde from just double clicking on it everything works fine. If we launch it using a command file:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MsAccess.exe" /runtime "\\somedrive\somefolder\somedatabase.accde" it no longer works. If we take /runtime out then the users have access to the database window. I know there is an option to hide the database but some of our users are smart and they don't need to figure out any way to get access to the queries and tables.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom